INS check question???

i got my check today from geico. I was going to fix it myself and actually found the parts already painted and everything. I would just have to switch it all over myself. I forgot that fords name would be put on the check along with my name. I guess whats suppose to happen is that I am suppose to give the check to the repair shop and they will send the check to ford for them to endorse then when it comes back I endorse it as well. can I send ford the check for endorsement?? does it have to be repaired by a shop or what. im not even worried about making out on the deal I just see it as a waste to give someone a check for 2600 bucks when I can get the parts and paint work done for alot, alotttttt less

Call your agent, tell them you want the check made out to you only, not ford.

Its your right dude.

You just got an estimate from ford.

You can buy the parts yourself from anywhere and fix the car in your driveway, this is your right.

The only issue might be if there is a lein on the car, they are going to want to make sure that the car gets fixed, thats the only snag i can think of.

yeah, I dont wanna get caught in no ins scam but the car will get fixed. no ifs ands or butts. the car is being financed SP? thru ford so thats why the check is made out to me and ford.

the car def has a lein on it if it is also made out to ford.

edit, nevermind. ^^^

Dude its not an insurance scam.

You had a repair job estimated. Its your right to get the thing fixed where you want.

But, since you have a lein on it, i don’t know how that works.

Call your agent, and be straight up with him. Tell him hey listen I’m going to get this fixed by my friend, what can we do here?

Christ I remember years ago my dad had a pos 78 mercury cougar parked in the street. Some kid came and hit the front of it, denting up the front corner. The allstate agent came to the house from the kids insurance company and wrote up the estimate in the driveway, then made a check out to my dad, then made a crack about “taking the wife out for steaks instead of fixing this bomb”

if theress a lien on it you may want to check your financing paperwork you may need to have a professional fix it as per your finiancing agreement. The check is made out to the owner(s) of the vehicle. if theres a lein you dont own the whole thing the lein holder is part owner

If there is a lein, they will not make the check out to you.

Wrecked car, minus funds for repair = insurance company el screwed. The car was the collateral, they are hardly going to get the money the need out of the car plus the ammount of the check by repoing a wrecked car.