alot of ?'s

ok i was in iraq for a while and collected alot of parts for my 94 del sol with a b18b swap. i have messed around with turbos in the past i had my d16z6 turbo but i only ran 8psi and used a fmu it was a very simple set up and i have been reading alot of shit but want to get some real answers on questions

ok i am only goin for around 350 hp i have a full race manifold a t3/t4 turbo .57 trim 3 in downpipe and a fmic kit of course a wastegate boost controller and a bov i have a gsr head (the eagle conversion kit) a moroso oil pan lightweight fly wheel and stage 3 clutch and its got the exhaust the p75 is chipped with uberdata and has the nokia datalog wire and i have a 5 wire o2 sensor oh and i have 450cc injectors

ok my questions are:
has anyone tuned with uberdata and used ecu control to datalog? i have been all over pgmfi.org and i know that i need a narrowband to keep the ecu happy but the data log cable comes out of the ecu??? how does this work even if you dont want to explain just give me a link or something because i cant find shit about it

ok i know that i should be able to get to that power with a stock bottom end with a good tune but how will my axles hold up on the track? with street tires and not to hard of a launch but i dont have the money for driveshaft shop axles right now so im stuck with all these parts and no way to put it to the road just want to know how many spares i should bring

oh and does this set up seem safe and ok the car is only commin out on the weekends and looks really ricey but i like it so fuck it tryin to have it at Pittsburgh raceway by the 16th and hoppin for 13s on street tires and not to snap an axle well not on the first run at least

Welcome back and Thanks for serving…i was in Desert Storm…

thanks for serving.

as for your question talk to denis at hybridynamics. he tunes crome and likes it way way better than uberdata and has a good many more features most useful would be the 2 step rev limiter for the track

I would say that 350whp on a stock bottom end will not last long at all. 300whp is about as far as you should go and keep it reliable. and 450cc injectors probably won’t get you to 350 anyway unless you run some crazy high fuel presure. and make sure you have a 255lph pump.

as for axles I broke one axle in my life with about 300whp. axle life is all about how you launch the car. if you just dump the clutch or wheel hop bad you are goin to break axles.

welcome to the site!, i had a similar setup last year in an eh hatchback, only a ls motor, i was tuning with crome it is very similar to uberdata, as for the axles you willl be fine. if you have spares bring them to the track, if not one of us honda guys will prob have some…
Hycomp tuned my first ls motor with out datalogging, and it ran real good. your best bet is to dial it in on the street as best as you can, and touch it up on the dyno. the closer u can get it on the street is less time and money spent on the dyno.

i was doin alot of reading and talking to the guys at hybrid and they told me that the 450cc injectors wont get me shit but i was talkin to them about a bigger build i wont have money for until next winter so i am just tryin to do a mild one that can be mostly swapped next winter when i get it built so yea 450cc injectors would be dumb im prob gonna go with 1000cc so yea

and for the stock bottom end it is only gonna be a weekend car and ive read about alot of 300+hp ls bottom ends holding up to 400hp and still racing but that is because they have have a perfect tune and thats what i plan on worrying about the most for my little build and my internals will be getting replaced soon i just dont want to have to limp it home from the track or call a tow truck

what kind of launch are you suggesting just if you know like tire pressure and whats a good rpm launch to not snap them?
thanks for any help

DONT PUSH OVER 300WHP … Rod bolts strech and your block gets nice new holes in it.

Launch off the limiter if you want … Just slip the clutch and you wont kill axles. The launch is up the the driver and tires/air pressure too many variables its an art.

My setup made 262whp on 390 cc injectors and i went 11.87@118 on bfg’s, if this helps
remember 1 dyno # doesent equal the next…

thanks yea i dont want the rod bolts to break that would piss me off so thanks i know every motor is diff so i wouldent want to push it to far if you have seen that shit happen ill just wait till it gets built to go over 300

and i know that a launch is not up to numbers or anything like that i was just wondering if you could just give me some pointers not to break the axles or just for good looks when i had my turbo d16z6 i would just go up to the tire let as much out as looked right and would just slip the clutch a little but mostly drop it and spin like a moron but i have advanced way beond that

thanks again for all the help

pre load the tranny. you won’t break axles and don’t drive through wheel hop back pedal it

1000cc?!?! Im saying overkill. I understand why buy injectors twice but i also understand that you dont need 1000cc injectors if you are askin about it.

i had the plans to build a 500whp set up full bottom end build stage 2 valve train and all the other good shit when i asked hybridynamics what injectors to go for they recommended 1000cc and they have had alot of good builds so… i mean i have an adjustable fuel regulator so i will have it if i need it and i can get them cheaper than most others so why not and then next season when i actually get it built i can use them for there potensial then

Yeah I dont even have 1000cc’s

Yeah Neither do I :fart:
PS. Thanks for enlisting.

if you have somethen to tune 1000’s why not?

its a bitch to tune big injectors on the street, little changes make big difference!

the kid already says he has plans to do an even bigger build next year, why not just go 1000cc injectors now?

if he has something capable of tuning, why are you guys so against 1000cc injectors?

Not against but for a 500whp goal … he really doesnt need them but if he can tune them rock em out. My car did damn near 500 on 780’s but if I could have tuned 1000’s+ I would have.

Horsepower is not what typically causes rod bolt failures, this is what causes rod-bolt failures

Rod bolts stretch due to tension which is maxed when the piston on the other end of the rod in question is just leaving top dead center on the intake stroke and is being accelerated downward by the crank pulling on the rod bolts which hold the rod to the crank. LS rod bolts are on the small side and the rod/stroke ratio of the LS motor does not help.

Why not 1600cc he may want to run 7s one day. :jerkit: