alpha earls' 2009 build thread (dyno chart and new paint pg 5)

well i thought id make a build thread and kind of formally introduce myself to the nyspeed community

my real name is brian, but i go by earl (middle name) im not new to the game really, been building honda’s since 99 when i had a 1995 honda civic with a gsr swap, since then ive owned about 40 honda/acuras and cant seem to keep a car for more than one season

last year i had a 1995 acura integra, had it fully sprayed grand prix white with a built b16 putting down 340whp on 15 psi with a t3/to4e 60 trim
it started out at like this:

and i sold it like this:

then i got a type R (hype r)

traded it away and now i have my current car

its a 84mm gsr
portflow head
crower vt, itr cams,
gsr transmission, carbotech lsd, etc etc

just picked up a full race 35R kit for it, and it goes in for paint next weekend so look for updates soon

did u get the proam or the street kit?

I look forward to this

its the regular ramhorn, its technically the full race bottom mount manifold/kit with an upgraded precision intercooler

not a big fan of the top mounts on a street car as although you make great power the spool suffers

40 Honduhs! Dayamn! Good luck with this project mang :tup:

thanks bud :tup:

I was waiting to hear some details on what you were doing. Ill be watching this for competition reasons LOL.

First name Brian…middle name Earl…last name Spilner???

I was thinking the same thing^ lol.

Nice cars. The type r looked good. Lets see that kit when you get it :tup:

I love build threads, I learn so much and get ideas. Take lots of pictures! Are you doing a color change? Let me know if those headers will be up for sale.

headers will be up for sale

and it will be painted a different color, but still black :wink: imo nothing is sexier/cleaner than a nice black paintjob

ha ha actually i have the same initials

kit was shipped out yesterday and should be here by next wed/thur

will be getting some things coated while the car is getting painted and then it should all go together

info on the red DC2 w/ jdm frontend

… i hope you got money on the trade of the type R

that was a 98 gsr that i converted, had a built type R in it

and yes i got money and alot of extra parts

im glad were going to have a legit honda build this season

yeah, cause my build isnt legit…

I figure after ten years and 40 hondas you’d be ready for a car that didn’t suck. :gotme:

That coming from a VW owner. :bloated:

X…

besides the fact that its fwd i have no problems with honda’s

i will get 33+mpg , have close to 500whp and the resale will barely drop if any at all

i see no problems with any of the above and idk too many makes/models that could boast the same for under 10,000

GL, always liked these cars :tup: