aluminum vs steel vs polly

Going to be making solid mounts for my sub frame and diff on a s14. Just wondering the advantages / disadvantages of the material used for the mounts. I’m kinda stuck between aluminum steel and Polly. I have a lathe and material cost isn’t really the issue, I’m more interested in how the material is going to wear. Let me know thanks

stacked hockey pucks. get the right size drill out the center pop in old bushing. that should be a cheep easy solution. better then stock not sure what the results will be as I have never heard of anyone trying it. I was thinking of that idea on my s13. The car is garbage anyways so may try that and if it fails buy or build some solid subframe mounts.

If your building it steal it will most likely never wear out before the car is crushed. Aluminum will only wear out if you have any play in it this includes the drilled out hole. just make sure you put it on tight and you should be fine. make sure you leave enough size that it has to be frozen to go in correctly. then that eliminates movement.

Thanks That gives me a bit to think about. I’m not sure why all the aftermarket parts are made of aluminum? Doesn’t steel and aluminum corrode each other? I have a set of aluminum sub frame collars on my one s14 and they look like kaka all white and corroded. I’m likely going to run a couple set off in steel for sub frame and diff. I’ll post some pics…

Mine are high density poly, made in 2 pieces on a lathe, they work great, no complains.
http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/billymelenhorst/DSC00318.jpg

That poly stuff is used on race cars , so id go with that. My auto teacher made me sway bar bushings with that stuff and it held up np.

UHMW… Do it.

As stated. If there’s any slop in aluminum. It will wear out quickly.
Aluminum is soft. Very soft. Soft like play-doh…

Subframe looks nice. Thanks for all the advice.

if you make ploy diff bush’s I am interested in the rear pair…

Is yours an s14?

yes, IIRC S13 does not utilize these bushings…