Always Turn off your PS3 When Not In Use

EEK…

$20 a month in electricity… you’ve gotta be kidding me.

:sword:

i used to leave my xbox on all the time, fuck that, with that and the plasma my electric was crazy.

wow… roomate has one on all the time also has her 46 inch lcd on all the time … i should raise rent a lil

ya, I recently started powering down my Plasma during the week, shit actually saved me about $40 a month

See, RRoD is a good thing. People are too scared of RRoD to leave their 360’s on any more than they need to to play games.

That thing sucks 190 Watts on standby? According to Wikipedia the thing’s only rated to 380 when it’s running balls out. Someone must have cranked down their idle adjustment screw. That’d be like a Civic idling at 3500 rpm.

I oughta stick a multimeter on my PC and see how much that thing sucks.

What is it, like $0.20/KWh these days?

I leave mine on for when I want to stream movies or music. It’s very quiet but now that bitch is getting turned off.

Yeah. If it is sucking 190W and electricity is about $0.20/kwh then that’s $27 per month.

Now what’s this about plasma TV’s vampiring a lot of juice?

damn that’s pretty nuts. However, who really leaves it on idle for that long?

I never run my ps3 for more than 4 hrs at a time, I think longest gta4 time to date was 3.38.
I constantly give it a break, and never leave it on.

A pc probably uses just as much energy if not more.

The PS3 can handle being on for long periods of time, the older 360’s (pre-falcon) it’s probably not a good idea.

Newer PC’s if they were at graphical and CPU load all the time would since most high-end graphics cards are eating up close to 100W, the same goes for CPU’s. When they are at idle or downloading something they aren’t chewing up nearly as much juice.

Obviously as the article states (I do it too) that the PS3 will start chewing up Folding@Home blocks when it’s not being used and that is where most of the power is going to.

lets put it this way, when my plasma is on for hours, it actually heats my living room

my new pc is Green…i had to since i leave it on 24/7

I don’t care if its got the Al Gore seal of approval, if you were to leave it on 24/7 looping 3dmark 2006 it’s going to suck just as much power as the PS3 would.

I never knew I could power game on my ps3, I was extra worried about heat issues with it, eventho on my desk it seems to only ever heat up a little around the power supply.

Good to know I dont have to worry. Thanks man, good shit.

HOLY SHIT.

lol.

haha

lol, even with the 4ghz overclock? :smiley:

yeah the chip runs very cool, and my PS is very efficient.

45nm>