Am I just seeing things in a new light? Or...

Sorry. I guess I’ve still got that knot in my panties…

…I like cars, but I don’t choose to spend money unnecessarily on them right now. I got into autocrossing a bit this past summer and really enjoyed it. I think I raced in 3 events and attended novice school. I may race a few times this coming summer in my wifes '03 Protege ES 5MT, if not I will at least be there taking pics, bumming rides, etc. FWIW I do all my own work on our cars. I grew up with motorcycles, working old Hondas and Beemers mostly. I haven’t had one in a few years, again putting my money elsewhere. Lastly, in general I just like all things automotive. I like learning.

So no I’m not trying to pretend to be the kind of guy who spends his nights wrenching in the garage, working on a project car, etc. I would love to be and have a lot of respect for the knowledge and talent of guys who are, but my time and money goes elsewhere right now. I have a mortgage, an entry level engineer’s salary, and am in part time MBA school.

I’ve never been to a track day or anything like that, but intend to go this summer if it’s normal for people to be there who aren’t driving?