American muscle: LSX 454 G8 concept.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/11/g8gxpstreetconcept_lead.jpg

One of the best parts about SEMA is getting to see the manufacturers build cars they might not otherwise. Take this G8 GXP Street Concept, for example. Sure, the 415-horsepower 6.2L V8 in the standard G8 GXP is plenty good enough, but why not stuff the new LSX454 crate engine from GM Performance Parts underneath the hood? The 7.4L V8 is good for a ZR1-matching 638 horsepower and 600 lb-ft torque, allowing this G8 to unashamedly call itself a true muscle car. Other features include stiffer springs and the brake package from the CTS-V as well as 20-inch black chrome wheels. The exterior has been given an aggressive makeover with a new front fascia with unique upper and lower grilles and a rear fascia that incorporates a diffuser and performance exhaust system. Inside are custom leather seats and a new gauge cluster. More details and plenty of photos are soon to come when we hit the show floor next week.

I want… So bad.

I must admit, besides those wheels it is very attractive.

Pontiac has really stepped it’s game up… Even the G8GXP(Which may I add looks completely similar to this) is a monster.

Pontiac is earning back it’s title as a reputable car maker. No more front wheel drive bland cars trying to live in the shadow of Pontiac’s old reputation for being fast.

It’s been a while since 2002.

That’s REALLY badass.

with the stock 18" wheels that come on the G8 it would look 10x better. but an awesome concept tho

well what you think is badass is very unrealistic for the current vehicle market

I love the whole thing, except for all that hp, who wants that much:), and is that DOD

ill skip on the 4 doors, 2 door id love =)

there is G8 coupe concept but I can’t copy links on my iPhone.

Also CTS Coupe concept>*

That is rather bad ass

acura tl from the fenders back in that side shot. none the less very sexy.

Current Vehicle market is full of pussys thats why haha

I love g8s just think there a little to late in this economy to be profitable

Why not have a certain LS engine builder build you one for your formula. 454 LSX Formula

No provision for DOD on the LSX block

because he should be busy…

man! that’s pretty badass…

I like it a lot, but…

every time I look at these new Pontiacs, G8, G8 GT, G8 GXP… I see a Grand Am. Sure, a Grand Am with all sorts of pretty lines, and performance to match, but can’t they do something about that 8" strip between the headlights? :frowning:

wow that looks soo nice.

That’s Pontiac’s trademark grill style.
You could always get a Holden nose for it :slight_smile:

I probably would. I mean, sharing styling cues between an uncommon “halo car” and a common economy car makes people think the halo car looks cheap.

The ZR-1 doesn’t have styling cues from the Cobalt; the Supra never shared anything with a Corolla. Thank God.