Amsoil Synth Gear Lube SAE 75W90

Anyone tried to use it in their tranny / transaxle yet? I after-googled for some time now but didn’t find anything concrete - would rather hear from people who tried it…

Amsoil website (http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/fgr.aspx) says it can also be used in rear axles to replace GL-4. This has probably been rehashed few times but any insight would be awesome as I am stuck with 3 bottles of it (cash “deal”) #-o

i donno but if u want i can get your full syn. quaker state 75w 90 if u want 30 $ for 3 bottles!

whats with you and quaker state? you rob a crappy tire?

i can get amsoil,royal purple (good shit), redline, motul…

RP makes a gl4 replacment so does redline…

let me know

GT

Ive used it before and it seems to work like every other synthetic out there. If you can get it cheaper than Redline or Royal Purp, then go for it.

SHHHHHHHH

It’s the GL-5 :frowning: not the GL-4 75w90. Which one were you using - the Amsoil GL4 75W90 or the generic SAE 75W90 amsoil lube? I still have KA w/original tranny - would that screw things up with synchros / gears?

I used that stuff in my Corolla GTS - was good but I want to try some of those over-advertised oils to see if they do really make a difference.

You have a zenki s14 w/silvia emblem - did you ever run into one of those mesh grilles? I am still looking for one. Ebay had one for 10 bucks but it looked sketchy. Please PM if you or anyone does have a decent one (yes I already posted a WTB).

It’s the GL-5 :frowning: not the GL-4 75w90. Which one were you using - the Amsoil GL4 75W90 or the generic SAE 75W90 amsoil lube? I still have KA w/original tranny - would that screw things up with synchros / gears?[/quote]

I used the generic 75W90. The only thing I noticed is when warming up the transmission felt more crunchy, as in you go really feel the gears between shifts but once it fully warmed up it was as smooth as butter. I wouldnt recommend it for the winter. Wait till it gets a little warmer.

Thanks KoukiS14 - yeah with weather being cold, I will have to get something else to pour in there for now. I’ll see if I can trade or sell off this stuff in the meantime.