what oil is best?

hey, you guys probably know that my knowledge of cars is limited but besides that what is the best type of synthetic oil i should be using… for winter and summer?

What SYNTHETIC oil is best?

One of the best I know that isn’t too expensive is AMSOIL. I don’t know where it’s sold in canada but they’ve got lots of dealers that sell it in the states.

One that’s widely available but is definately better than most other brand names is Mobil 1.

k i just bought like 8 litres of moble 1… amsoil is only sold at dealerships aparently its the best. should i be buying the preformance 15 w 50 ? or the regular 10 w 30?

5w30

My mechanic uses Kendall GT1 High Performance synth-blend. I know Kendall has been around for a long time, but I haven’t heard anything about how it stacks up against Mobil, Amsoil, or Motul (shows how much I trust my mechanic! :stuck_out_tongue: ).

WTF?

For the summer use 15w50, for the winter use 0w30.

I run 10w30 mobile 1

WTF?

For the summer use 15w50, for the winter use 0w30.[/quote]

Read your manual dipshit. :wink:

15w50? Heck, I use crude straight from the well! 8)

I only used regular Castrol GTX (in following weights):
10w30 - Summer
5w30 - Winter

No problems (yet). Right now I still have 5w30 from the last time I
changed in Nov. 03, so for the summer I will be switching to Amsoil
synthetic 10w30.

CANADIAN TIRE HAS AMSOIL!!! I JUST BOUGHT SOME LAST WEEK!!!

Go check it out! :slight_smile:

Go check it out! :)[/quote]

Not all CTC’s have AMSOIL. Ours only carries the AMSOIL ATF.

Go check it out! :)[/quote]

Not all CTC’s have AMSOIL. Ours only carries the AMSOIL ATF.[/quote]

Hey Guys, if you want AMSOil, go to the Cdn tire at Yonge and Steeles. You will fine AMS Engine Oil there.

Only $9.10 a bottle!

Mobil 1 is the best oil out there, it dosent burn as fast and is the only full syntetic oli out there,

only thing is its like 30-40 a bottole (the big one) and once you use syntetic, never go back to the regular shit, my friend messed up all his seals that way and everything

so its eaither stay with the good stuff or never goo there

from what I know most JDM use syntetic

Hah, I work at CT and we don’t have AMSOIL oil in our store… yet.

^^^ I don’t see how you can mess up your seals by using synthetic and then back to regular oil.

ok Quick related question. Lukas (SP on that on) oil stablizer? good? bad?

Engine need oil… humm that could be my problem LOL

ya down in scarborough (port union CT) they dont supply amsoil i guess cuz the oil costs more than the cars in this neighbourhood :smiley:

holy shit 25,000 MILES between oil changes … im gonna grab me some of this sh**… is this stuff real? my normal synthetic needs changing every 5000km

if this is true this synthetic would actually be cheeper than others because you wouldnt have to change oil every few months.

AMSOIL

http://www.amsoil.com/products/asl.html

:shock:
(product info)

I gotta call BS on that. No matter how good an oil is, it will still get contaminated over time.

It says it’s good “up to” 25k miles. “Up to” can mean a lot things to me. It’s like saying brake pads for “cars” at CT start at $12. But since you’re driving a 240, they cost you $54.99.