gl-4 gear oil

i’m looking for some GL-4 80w90 or 75w90 thats not synthetic, i cant seem to find any at the local parts stores they seem to all be GL-5

autozone sells GL-4 Coastal 80w90 i just got some…and fYI Amsoil has a GL-4 and Redline MT-90 is good too they are safe for GL-4 trans

Yea i wanted to get some redline but its like 10 bux a quart and i need like 7 for the transmission and transfer case in my toyota pickup. so i just want some regular gl-4.

yea i got it at autozone i needed it for my tranny last week…how much u need i have some left over…but i wont be back in town til sunday evening

just a touch under 7 quarts lol…

dont have that much

Mitsu dealer should have gl4. You could probably go to the toyota dealer with a container and buy some off of them. They probably have a drum of it

Jeller

yeah , go to the dealer , or get redline mt 90…sure its expensive but itll be the best thing yu’ve ever done to that truck…im asuming its a 5 speed or atleast a stick shift? cus if not…i wouldn’t even change it

you might want to pose this question on bobistheoilguy.com

I beleive that gl5 means its at least semi synthetic, gl4 means its non synthetic.

Surely walmart or somebody carries some havoline or something non synthetic.

dan georger only has 5 gallon pails that they wont sell, i know cuz i’ve tried for my eclipse and 3000gt. i tried calling ray laks mitsubishi and the parts guy on the phone thought gl4 oil was for an automatic so i’m gonna stay away from taht guy, i think im just gonna use the hyundai stuff at work, it says its a synthetic base so it cant be that bad

pretty sure MT90 is full synthetic

it is…but its safe for GL4 transmissions and transfercases