Angola. - an account of a motorcycle trek across Angola

Angola, it’s not like they said

This trip was going to be different. I for one, have never updated my will before any other trip. And I wasn’t alone. Out of the five of us that were going, three updated their wills and/or life insurance policies in the weeks before we left.

An interesting account of a motorcycle trek across Angola, with some cool photos. (Possibly NSFW for a few topless pics)

Sweet :tup:

thats cool

Not very far in, but I find this hilarious

When we get close to the river we find a police post and a settlement. We have been told many stories of corrupt police. That you have to report to the police in every town. That they ask for copies of all passports and other papers. People even take documents with with lists of the travellers and their passport no’s, explaining the purpose of their trip in portuguese etc.

As we stop in front of the police post, Hennie’s approach is to make the universal down-the-hatch sign and shout “CERVEJA” at the approaching policeman. Less than a minute later and we are downing beers under a tree with the police.

Try that one next time you see the Buffalo PD.

Nice.

Oh and bad ass.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/brendansi/200159615-L.jpg

the bottom of Post # 566…

I hate cities. To me they are just large containers for the desperate. Out in the rural areas one can be poor, but still live with integrity and self respect. I normally avoid cities like the plague when on a bike trip. Today I need what it offers though and so we descend.

I have read everything up to this point. This, by far, is something that i think will really stick with me.

I’m looking forward to reading the rest of this, but my eyes need a break…haha

to the OP, damn good find

This is an amazing read.

Huge :tup:

Just started post 566, added to favorites to finish later.

I’m @ post #597.

Incredible. Finishing it later.

wow what a read. i couldn’t stop. :tup: long but well worth it

Finished it.

all i have to say is BRAVO.

I hope this guy goes on more trips and documents them just the same

hell yeah, that was an awesome read.

Speechless at the part about Jose, the battery and the war.

First I must admit I thought this was Angola NY before i clicked the link. lol

That looks awesome. What an experience.

WOW is all i can think of really seems like something i would love to do before i die

i read the whole thing. It’s fucking awesome.

(i also like the way at the end of each of his posts it links to the next major post, so you don’t need to read all the other crap)

this picture is amazing:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4494&stc=1&d=1212369060

^^^ he captioned that photo perfectly, you can tell soooo much from a face.

99% of the other photos were amazing too

Post 597 so far. Great read. I would love to do something like this.

edit: just finished. wow

awesome

amazing read. just finished it. that is definitely something i want to do before i die.