Angryhero vs STI

i also remember pulling a bus on his tbss too haha

what kev?

I said jeremi pulled an sti in his sunfire… Im guessing your saying you pulled the tbss in you sti/a4?

:lolham:

i know what im saying is im sure his tbss is faster then the his old sunfire and i pulled the tbss hard in the sti…

lol at the a4, it has a hard time getting out of its own way

No sunfire would have pulled busses on tbss, It was good for low 13’s

Sunfire was nutttttttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

HOLY CRAP.

wrx is tuned for 19psi, stock sti is 14.7. Internet racing says that’s 43 HP. Then add the fact that it has an aftermarket tune AND an FMIC, so probably (definitely) has more timing thrown at it and it’s entirely possible. Also in a 2 gear race, the gearing can have a lot to do with it…

does anyone on the board have a stock STI? Brent just get a vid and they will shut right up…

On a Mustang dyno at KTR Performance, a stock 2.0L WRX makes 155whp. On the same dyno, a stock STi makes ~230whp.

Draw your own conclusions.

dude, GIVE UP.

It’s possible, downright probable that the WRX makes more power.

Your only argument could be the .5l of displacement, that’s the only advantage the STI has.

also driver could suck @ driving

Its not probable at all, and only possible if the STi is damaged in some way. Or the driver isn’t racing.

125% the displacement of the WRX is a big advantage. Along with shorter gears.

This is also assuming a bone stock STi, one of which I have never seen except at the dealership or recently purchased.

In summation, vids/slips or it didn’t happen.

sure, it’s a distinct possibility, but that other dude was saying it was IMPOSSIBLE that OPs car was faster.

If I’m the dude, I didn’t say IMPOSSIBLE especially with such emphasis. Infact, I said its possible that the car was faster due to extraneous circumstances. However, in a legit race or other measurement, it is very unlikely that the OP’s car makes comparable power to a stock STi.

And brent is running 5 lbs/boost MORE than a stock STI with a tune with bolt-ons its very possible to be at the same OR HIGHER power level… You compared a stock sti to a stock wrx with a wrx turbo at stock boost! Not even close to what brents car is…

This logic is retarded. His car is NOT stock nor is the STi. So lets assume all the STi had was an exhaust (which is very likely)… Brent’s car has an STi turbo, STi injectors, aftermarket up-pipe, aftermarket down-pipe, FMIC, Full exhaust, Perrin intake, TurboXs standalone, and all the little things to go with it, and a tune by Mike for 19psi. And I’m pretty sure a WRX is lighter than an STi. There is no reason his car shouldn’t beat a stock STi.

only solution here is rematch, winner gets to behead the loser.

Well, you are a bone stock sti - why don’t you run him?

i’m less than bone stock, i’m a 2008 sti with a shit factory tune :slight_smile:

Yes, I did that for comparison that it was over 80 awhp in a gap between a stock WRX and a stock STi. You’re not going to get 80 AWHP from bolt ons, no matter the car. Sorry.

And your ricer maths is awesome! He has +8 points and the STi has 0 points, so obviously the WRX is faster. Oh wait but you listed individual exhaust pieces, then said full exhaust…hmm we’re going to have to do a recount.

The WRX is very slightly lighter, depending on year on both counts. Nothing that a pre-game dump wouldn’t change.

Unfortunately I don’t have an STi so I can’t prove it. The op should get his car dyno’d, or take it to a track instead of doing ricer fly-bys on the street. :shrug: