Another cruise ship broken down - parents on it. lol

Once more, a cruise ship is broken down and it just so happens that this time, its one my parents are on.

So not sure how cruel this is of me, but I think its hilarious. I know they arent going to get hurt, I know they arent going to be getting sick… they do have power and sewage. Just funny its the same cruise line and more problems in about a months time.

Heres the story I’ve found so far.

A month after a Carnival cruise ship was stranded for five days in the Gulf of Mexico, another of its cruise ships is reporting equipment problems in the Caribbean.

MIAMI —
A month after a Carnival cruise ship was stranded for five days in the Gulf of Mexico, another of its cruise ships is reporting equipment problems in the Caribbean.
A U.S. Coast Guard spokeswoman in Miami said Thursday that Carnival Dream’s captain notified the agency of possible trouble with the ship’s propulsion system.
The cruise ship, which has a capacity of 3,646 passengers and 1,367 crew members, is docked at Phillipsburg in St. Maarten.
Carnival officials didn’t immediately return a phone call or email seeking comment.
Petty Officer Sabrina Laberdesque says the ship has sewage and power and officials are working to correct the problems. She says the Coast Guard is not involved because the ship is moored.
An engine fire crippled the Carnival Triumph in February, leaving 4,200 without working toilets or power.

Poverty cruise line

There is a reason that their cruise prices are pretty cheap…Good time on a tight budget but I dont know how good of a time I would have on a broken boat. I suppose as long as the bars stayed stocked and open I would survive.

They’re still at port though right? So they don’t HAVE to be on the ship?

“Want a 3rd world poverty experience with out the locals”

“Join us on our floating 3rd world oasis”

lol, his parents are going to get a few more days on the beach, a payout, and a very public “this is why I’m not at work” excuse. (I’m assuming they’re not retired.)

Sounds like it could be a win unless they’re missing the rest of a solid cruise itinerary.

Thats how I’m looking at it. Worst case, they will probably pay for the cruise (trip) they are on now. They have power, have sewage, so thats not bad. They are at port, but from last reports I heard, they couldnt get off the ship. Now that could be different as of this morning, but thats something I heard and not creditable right now. When I talk to them I’ll know more and will fill in.

Either way, hes stuck in on vacation at a tropical Island with tropical temps… dont know about any of you, but if my trips being paid for after it was changed up on me and this is what I had to deal with… count me in. Depending on what they do, they may be compted the cruise they are on now, plus a possibly next cruise so they dont look so bad with another problem not even a month later.

My understanding, this is a newer cruise ship as well. And for those “3rd world” locations. They are the same places people take all-inclusives to. Not sure how its much different. The ships go to all the vacation spots.

Yeah, being “stranded” in St Maarten doesn’t sound like a huge problem to me. Assuming they’re saying don’t leave the ship because they expect to have it fixed soon and don’t want to be stuck in port while they try and round up passengers from all over the island.

Personally I’d just go to St Maarten and skip the ship part though.

Hey at least they are broken down in a port. That is their best shot of getting it fixed. They have power and probably access to fresh water.

“possible trouble with propulsion” probably doesn’t even mean that the entire ship is crippled from moving either. Could just be one engine with a minor issue or something. More than likely, not a big deal and they’ll have it fixed pretty quickly.

Yeah they have sewage all right, the island may not appreciate it but… lol

Exactly this, probably the reason why they cant get off the ship. Not sure on the time to fix. Either way, how I see it. Go on the top deck, get a brew and lay out and catch some rays, pass out and just enjoy what you got.

Being stranded on that or being here in Buffalo working… you tell me? haha

My brother is indicating that CNN is says they will be flying all the passengers home.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/14/travel/cruise-ship-trouble/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Gregg Stark, who is traveling with his wife and two young children, told CNN, “There’s human waste all over the floor in some of the bathrooms and they’re overflowing – and in the state rooms. The elevators have not been working. They’ve been turning them on and off, on and off.”

Just got off the phone with my parents. “We are having a blast, everythings running and working fine… just not leaving the port.”

They filled me in that all power is on, they are going to have the nice formal dinner tonight. They are going to be flown out but not sure when. They are going to fly them out on private charter flights… (assuming they are flying planes in special since 4000+ people wont fit on a couple planes) They are going to be able to go into port and enjoy the time they have. Water is in the pools (they drain them a lot of times)

They are being told it is a back up generator issue (being told to passengers) They dont want to go out to sea incase a problem happens. They apparently tried to run it last night as a check to make sure no issues would happen…Oops.

Anyways, they are having a great time and laughing it up. My father is going to take a lot of shit from the guys at work though… apparently said before he left that no issues would happen with this due to the last one. Spoke to soon.

CNN LIES!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jSUvdB6XW94/TwNVSxsQw1I/AAAAAAAAFsU/aj_FL3NpQ64/s1600/funny-celebrity-pictures-accurate-britney-spears-on-cnn1.jpg

damn media!

It’s not a story on CNN unless you have raw sewage pouring out of something. Why do you think they hired Piers Morgan?

:slowclap: