Another F-body from Rotterdam

Hey all, I’ve been lurking for a while, but decided it was time to join up.

The names Matt, and as the title says, I’m from Rotterdam.

I’m going to be a sophomore at Clarkson University this coming year, so I know some people on here, like Jake and Ryan.
I also know Paulie(z06) and I know that SSmokinn SS used to be kidcamaro and have a turbo v6 Camaro.

Anyways, on to the f-body.

I got a Bright Metallic Green 98 Camaro, 3.8 v6, auto, with 41k on it now.
Full bolt ons (intake, straight piped header back exhaust to a Magnaflow cat-back, MSD coils and the such)
BMR Lower control arms, Fan switch, e-cutout. Just little things here and there.

This summer I’m planing on getting rid of my open 3.08’s and get 3.73’s with a posi. Any one know a good shop around here that can do gears?

Onto the pics:

Also recently did the whistler mod:

Anyways, you can usually find me at Poppy’s on Tuesdays.

Welcome… Nice Maro

I would pick up stock 3.42s from an LS1 car. It will still be a nice bump in gear from a 3.08. I myself would rather put that money into a converter… 3k stall

Finally joined huh??

Dennis Francis down in scotia did a nice job on the gears in my mustang before i had the rear end built. Also they wont hurt you too bad on price.

welcome fbody fag! wana buy a ls1 for this car? motor has 35k on it

Holy shit, its Matt :lol. Whats up

Buy the ls1 = go fast.

He should buy my 331 and put it in there :lol

And treat his car like a white chick thats banged a black dude??? :lol

:rofl You somenabitch

Thanks man. A stall is definetly on the list, but I’m not sure if my 4l60e would work on an LS1. Are just the bell housings different?

Yeah, thought it was time haha.
Thanks for the reference.

To tell you the truth, I was actually starting to save up for an LS1…
Why is the motor out of it…and price? I would need the wiring harness and PCM also…

No way man! Adam!
I’m good! Just working a lot.
Haven’t seen you in a while, hows the mustang?

apparently you knew my turbo V6 huh??

welcome.

Chris Dempsey in ballston spa did my 3.73’s on my V6 and my current 4.10’s on my SS. I wouldnt go anywhere else.

or you could just keep the 3.08’s, and give me the car for the winter with some money and it will come out turbo charged in spring :wink:

Its good, just in a million pieces lol

Haha yeah, I’m on CV6 and FTV6 for about 4 yrs now, so I saw it back then.

I’m just gonna swap a LS1 in it…my original plan was to stay with the 3.8, but I’d end up sinking to much money into it.

Where is your turbo 3.8 now?

Welcome. Clean looking F-body!

Thanks!

Plans for lowering it?

And I sincerely feel sorry for you and Johawk when it comes time for you guys to renew your plates.

Yeah those babyshit yellow plates should look pretty terrible against green :lol, hell they look bad on damn near every car Ive seen em on so far!

God tell me about it, I have been telling everyone that I’m glad I don’t have to for another year. But eventually that day will come, and I wont like it.

Yeah, I have to do the !4x4 mod. Prolly QA1’s or something, I haven’t researched the topic too much, but suspension (including SFC’s) is on the to-do list.

so if/when you swap the lsx into it, will you go with a t56 or 4l60e?

fuck camaro,s