Another garage build thread

Figured people like looking at garage projects, so here is mine. Not a ton of pictures yet, but the project is still in the early stages of construction…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21505[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21506[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21504[/ATTACH]

40’x32’x12’ (gotta be high for the lift), 3 garage bays (2-9’x7’, 1-10’x9’). Hoping to have plywood on this week and start thinking about how to lug the trusses up that high.

god dammit I need more land lol.

:tup:

I see one big door - what lift are you going with? :slight_smile:

Sign of aging, I think… I’d rather look at sweet garage builds than almost anything else.

<- subscribed :slight_smile:

Rent a scissor lift or jlg. It’ll make quick work of it.

Looks good though. I’m jeolous!

FUK PROPER!

Good size.

Nice Greg!

Going to go with the I10 from Forward Lift (Loomis Root to install).

Got some plywood up last night, that shit gets heavy…

What town did you end up moving to after you sold that house in Henrietta? I’d also be curious to know how much things cost/who you used for this if you aren’t doing it yourself (for my own future garage building endeavors). That might be a PM thing though.

Never ended up selling my house in Henrietta, doing a rent-to-own deal with it now. We moved to East Bloomfield (near Canandaigua) to be closer to my wife’s work and get more land (5 acres).

I don’t mind sharing what I’ve done and who I’ve used for this project so far…

Excavation/Foundation was Caldwell’s Custom Concrete. $10k
Lumber/Trusses/Siding/Misc. building materials through Home Depot. $10k
Lift (not yet purchased) through Loomis Root. ~$3k
Electrical ???
Build labor is friends and family. Cost of beer and food

So jealous! I’ve been trying to find a house worthy of building an awesome garage on the property, but so far no luck.

yeah i’d bet that would be a $40k build if you contracted the whole thing out. Mine is slightly less than half that size and was just under $20k and i didnt finish the interior.

the more i thought about this build though the more i keep thinking you should have gone 2 cars deep… 40 x 40 bro!!! or more. you can never have enough garage.

To be honest, the only place I could put this garage dictated how big it could be in the end (back from front edge of the house, no closer than 25’ from the neighbors, wasn’t going to move my propane tank or chainlink fence). Which is a good thing because it’s about all my wallet could handle.

I got quotes for having this thing built and they ranged from $15k for a pole barn kit to put up myself to a stick-built, turn-key garage for $48k.

$48k holy fuck.

Looks good so far though!

in for more pics

^ What he said.

Very nice. Just curious, have you looked into the radiant floor heating using pex or some other piping/tubing? It seems like a great way to heat a garage, especially when pouring new concrete.

I would rent a lull for a weekend to set the trusses and have a guy on the top plates on both sides. That should make quick work of setting the trusses

man, for a wake up and park shit in it garage of this size that isn’t bad. if it includes interior finishing, hydro and lighting it’s pretty decent.