Another Harley build. Much less involved. 59 Panhead.

I liked it for that reason too, but I’ve cleaned up the bike considerably, and I’m hoping it stays at least “semi” clean now, so it wasn’t a good fit. I’m hoping to either replace or paint the frame (and fill in all the gouges) sometime this year.

The Earle in you is taking over, haha.

:bigtup:

I started with a hard to find 15 X 3.0 rim

Laced it up to a midstar hub with some custom made spokes from buchanan’s spoke and rim.

Unfortunately, the hardware for my fender/sissy goes from the outside in. Also there are 1/4" support struts welded internally onto the inside of the fender. With the nuts on the inside, the new tire was just too wide. So my plan was to countersink the inside of the strut and use flathead hardware going out. Unfortunately, there’s no good way to countersink the inside of the fender. It’s about 6" inside, too small for a right angle drill, but too long to use a standard countersink.So I made this sleeve on the lathe. Half of it is turned to .501, the other half is threaded 3/8-16

Then I tack welded the countersink into the adapter sleeve.

And used some threaded rod and a drill. Worked like a charm! Just had to insert the rod through the hole on the opposite side, screw on the countersink and DONE! You can see the flatheads for the sissy installed already.

Now my new wheel fits!