Another Mac Question

Can I use a usb transfer cable that i bought for a pc on a mac mini hard drive and transfer that stuff to my new mac book? I also dont have the install cd.

If it fits then yes

Need more info but firewire target disk mode may be the easiest way second only to ethernet. Or is the mac mini broken/just the hard drive?

the mac mini wont boot up. it just flashes a question mark with the finder logo with a grey screen when i try to turn it on.

That flashing means that the Mini cannot find a bootable device and that your OS X installation is corrupted. If you are attempting to use a USB cable to retrieve files from the Mac Mini in target mode, then no it will not work. You can only use Firewire in target mode.

ok. here is another question. How the hell do i get my mac to detect my lg dare on bitpim so i can put some damn ring tones on my phone? lol ive tried everything. Also for the transfer i thought i could take the hd out of the mac mini and just plug the usb into that and then into my comp and if it shows up on my new comp then i can transfer files.

anyone???