Mac question?

Anyone really good with mac’s? If you are let me know because my mac mini has a problem and I’m wondering if there is anyway to fix it. Let me know.

what is the problem?

Send me a PM or IM and I’ll see if I can help.

im pretty sure the hard drive wont start up. What I start my mac mini up the screen shows grey and then after a little bit the finder icon pops up and a question mark blinks over it. All I want to be able to do is to get the computer back on so I can get my pictures and music transfered to my new mac when it comes in. I know its a long shot but wasnt sure if there is anyway to get it going one last time. O yeah, an external hard drive is on the “to buy” list also.

Dead hard drive.
Can’t find your startup disk.
Corrupt OS.

Gonna probably be one of those options.

Take the hard drive out and plug it into a USB cable or pop it in an external hard drive enclosure and see if you can get the files off it on another computer.

I’m Apple certified :lol:

sell it to me

word, or me :tup:

I’ll sell you both my Macbook :slight_smile:

I would think it would be a bit awkward to share

well after i try and get my stuff off i will def sell it. how the hell do I open this thing?

how about, if your hard drive is operable to a point where i can get your data off of it i’ll recover the data for you in exchange you sell me the mac mini super cheap - you can even keep the hard drive. pm me if interested, i am looking for another mac mini. and if you are looking for another computer i am selling a nice one in the misc items trader…

edit: if not heres a video on opening it up: http://www.lockergnome.com/diy/how-to-open-a-mac-mini/

STOP USING THE DRIVE. Disconnect it. Do not reconnect it until you are ready to do the recovery.

GetDataBack

You need a Genius

Yank the hard drive.
USB - SATA cable to another computer.
Pull all files. (If all you get is errors, then you have your answer)
Reinstall OS on old hard drive.
If it installs fine then your problem was corrupt file system.
If it won’t install you have a bad hard drive.
Easy?

how much is that cord? I just got my mac book 2.0 in today and its sick.

How about I will take your data off the mac for no charge if you sell me the mini

$20-$30? I dunno I just paid via credit card and gave the bill to work. Best cable in my bag.

here is another question. The mac’s recognize when you hook up the printer to them so you dont have to install anything. My problem is that the printer just keeps on feeding paper through and not printing anything. The mac is showing the right printer and everything and the printer works fine on my gf’s pc. Anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Nevermind. Found out the problem with the printer.