Another new dog post

So my wife and I adopted a rescue boxer. He is 3 years old, and from what we understand was tied to a tree for nearly 2 years and not fed for 2 weeks before being turned over to the boxer rescue. He is an amazing dog who knows sit, stay, shake and is very well behaved when we are home. He does however suffer from major separation anxiety and does not like to be home alone. We are working on it and he is getting better. So far he has bent up a metal cage the first time we left him alone in it and spread an unopened bag of flour all over the first floor of our house. Tough to get mad at a face like this:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e300/Onefastmonkey/corto/cortoporch.jpg

Very nice!

People who do that shit to a dog should be shot. Nice looking dog. Does he have a name?

its realy good to see these dogs going to good homes. Its a shame that its so easy for just anyone to own a dog.

handsome pup… id love a well behaved companion for my dog :frowning:

Ya his name is Corto, like the salon in the Village of Hamburg and the Bills player. Contractually we can not change it and there is no sense doing that to him.

Just don’t introduce him as “This is my dog, Corto, like the day spa/salon in Hamburg” and you’ll be fine. Corto as in short in Spanish, that sounds better. We had a Flat Coated Retreived that was a resuce dog and she was great. People left her alone for 2 weeks and the only reason she survived was the toilet kept re-filling the water level

Very cool dog.

P.S. How is my cage doing? Lol

Nice, Pat. Let’s get our boxers together for some dog fighting!!! J/K.

I love boxers, My buddy has one and he is an awesome dog…minus the nasty boxer farts lol

Nice dog!

Handsome boy! Hooray for rescues!

Is the seperation anxiety a boxer trait? My buddy has 2 and the exact same thing, they DESTROYED a cage. Well, the one did, this was when he only had 1. I could see a dog that had your dogs start suffering from it, but one you’ve had since a puppy seems odd. And the cage wasn’t some thin wire thing either, it looked like it was made with 1/8" think round tube. After the dog destroyed it it looked like it was ran over by a semi at 55. How the dog didn’t injure itself is a mystery

Ya we do worry when we leave that he is going to hurt himself. This is what happens when we leave him out.

haha. i know jon, i’ll tell him there’s a dog out there named after him

Sweet def let him know. The dog is originally from Ohio and ended up in Erie, PA where we got him from. Someone out there was a John Corto fan.

Congrats, he kinda looks like you, Amy must have picked him out. LOL

X…

That hurt my feelings.

Congrats. Good looking boy.

Congrats. I’ve heard having a 2nd dog really helps with the separation anxiety. An old co-worker of mine tried all kinds of training on his lab and the only thing that worked was when they got another dog. Just like that they could leave the two dogs in the house and not a thing would be out of place when they got home.