Another reason why Canada sucks...

[quote=“baseball24"”]

I went to crystal beach with a few of my friends today. I drove my car which this is the second time ive taken my car to canada and i parked and everything was fine…

I start to walk away and a cop pulls up and goes which one of you guys have a radar detector in your car. Well i say i do and i go why? hes goes hand it over…he goes to fool around with me you know you cant have them here. i go i had no clue and he says there plenty of signs that say you cant… well i must be blind because on the way back i didnt see one sign…

well i told him my radars glued to my dash b/c i broke the clip, he goes well ill rip it off or either take your whole dashboard… so i take it off and hand it over…

he then see my nitrous bottle in the back of my trunk and asks if i have a sticker otherwise its illegal… i have no clue what he meant but he told me to take it out and put it in my friends car…

then he askes for license registration… 5 minutes later he comes back with a ticket for the radar and its a 165 dollar ticket… plus he keeps my 150 dollar radar… he says that having a radar in canada is like brining guns in and then says have a nice day…

well the problem i have he put on the ticket that i was driving with my radar which he did not see since my car was parked the whole time, plus he did not put my full name down on the ticket… so im thinking of trying to fight this…

its such bull shit because i didnt know and the cop was a dick… and CANADA sucks

[/quote]

Its my understanding since I manage a company out of toronto and deal with canadian customs and so forth all day, that they can take your license plate # down but really cant enter it into their system.
I’m not 100% sure but thats what my boss tells me

I took a ride on the 407 a year ago and still havnt paid the fee cause my work was suppose to take care of it and they never did, not much they can do but keep sending me bills.