another tire thread

ive been concidering buying the nitto 555r dr’s. i was also concidering bf g-force dr’s for about 100 bucks less for the pair. just wondering what you guys think of each and what might be best for my application / best bang for the buck.

im not going to be driving the z as much as i did last year. its going to be just a nice weather / weekend driver. im shooting for about 500whp and i had issues with hooking up last year with just under 400hp on skreet tires. any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

bf’s wear out much faster than the nitto’s. Nitto’s seemed to work well for me.

ET Steet Drag radials FTW

:word:

Can anybody here get tires for like wholesale?

:wstupid:

maybe i can beat my DR record of new --> bald in a week this year

lol I have the same issue with 3.73’s and a 4000stall…

You have to be fast to spend $ on tires like that.

I <3 bfg g-forces :slight_smile:

and you need a car before you tell others what to do with theirs :wiggle:

sooo none of this really helps, other than the statement that g-forces will wear out much faster. i guess its worth the extra money to have tires that i wont have to replace next year, hopefully.

ET street radials are? any examples?

HASRIUGBASORIGN

again…it goes like this

traction, from least to greatest goes

Nittos <-need to be heated up REAL hot to take advantage of tackiness

BFGs <-- much softer compound. much more traction. less need to be heated up. however, longer burnout helps

MT ETs <— also very soft compound. slightly more traction than BFG.

as far as tire wear, BFGs will have half the life of Nittos, and MTs will have slightly less life than BFGs.

Nittos are a great improvement to any normal street radial. unless you have a lot of power, or are planning on planting as much power as humanly possible at the track, Nittos should do the trick

ok thats kind of what i was thinking. i dont plan on running crazy power or anything. i just want better grip on the street than ive been getting. if i can get a tire that will last me a couple seasons, id be pretty happy. i only plan on going to the track a couple times this year, not much more. thanks for the help.

then get the nittos…they are a good tire

no prob bob