Another "what tire" thread... Drag radials

well my tires for the street (nittos) are completely shot. I have Slicks for the track, but i need a good sticky tire for the street. The car is not a daily driver. So what would you guys reccomend for a 420ish rwhp car? Nittos, MT et streets, BFG’s or Hoosiers?

Depends on how much u want to spend I guess. I prfer bfg’s to nittos but that was years ago on a FWD car so…

its like a $10 difference between them, so money isnt an issue

How much do you drive the car? Also, what size wheel do you have?

Why spend money on drs if you have slicks??

I will probably take a couple cruises per week, maybe a trip to lancaster or NYI… idk maybe 100-200 miles per week from may- sept… 17 inch stock ws6 rim, so a 275 series tire.

for the street, im not going to drive slicks and skinnies all the time

weather you’ll be driving in? sunny days only? a mixture of everything?

sunny days, my mustang didnt see rain in 2 years :smiley:

I’ve ran both the 275 and 315 BFG dr’s on my car and I liked both of them for street duty. They didn’t hook for shit late in the year when it was cold but not many tires will. I had Nittos on my old Camaro, never again. I’d go with the BFG’s, ET street drag radials aren’t really necessary for what you’re trying to do.

sunny days…bfg’s all the way then

MT DRs
Thats the only real choice everything else is teh suck

Also drop down to 16s for the track

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45602&highlight=nittos

ONLY sunny days - MT ET Streets
Possible inclement weather - MT DRs
Daily Driver - BFGs

$0.02

as a matter of fact, from that thread:

so I guess that rules out nittos

Fuck ET streets…

A lot of people are switching from ET streets to the MT Drag radials…a lot better stability and the traction is just as good.

My bad I meant DRs

^Word?

I’ve never run ET Streets on my cars… too limiting on a DDable car. I love me some MT DRs though. mmm hmmm

btw I doubt you will find a 17inch tire that you can hammer on from a slow roll and its going to get instant traction on the street…

I wouldn’t ever drive MT drag radials in the rain btw…but thats just me they were iffy the few times I did it.

If you need a tire that will see rain rock the Nittos they are just fine…

it dont matter anyways, I will take him down with a stock Ls1