Opinions on drag radials for street use...

Ok, heres my situation…

I need good street tire that offers decent tread life. Last year i took advice from some and got BFG’s… I went through 2 sets in one year, i dont do digs, i took them to the track 2 times. They just wore out from driving the 6k miles i put on this year. They were horrible at the track and so so on the street. When they came, they had hardly no tread.

One set per year is ok, 2 is not.

I have a set of MT’s that i bought from Choko and when those are spent i will be getting some MT’s or QTPs for my Weld’s.

I need a decent tire for the street. I know everyone here has used everything under the sun. So tell me what you have, why you like them, how long you have had them etc. My wheels are 17X8.

My favorite for everyday use was a set of nitto555r drs I had for like 10k miles and they worked well for the street. Nothing special from a dig or track bit i could at least nail it from a slow roll in 1st.

nitto 555r’s are your best bet jim.

i run them on mine, but i have no real feedback yet since i really only put around 1k miles on them lol

idk…

my BFGs lasted me a long time. never had MTs. had hoosiers but for a short time. im getting hoosiers again. nittos are fine but they wont hook nearly as well

idk bill, i looked at Chuck’s BFG’s the other day and he has more tread now than i had when my tires were new. Both sets of my 275 bfg’s came with hardly any tread… I would love to hook in 1st or 2nd while hitting the :tspry:… Cobraman seems to hook well with his nittos…

Yea I had like 5k on my BFG’s when I sold the car and they were still holding up. I would say they would make it 7-8k easy.

my mt’s suck i don’t recommend them to anybody. Wanna do a dig? Srsly, i have about 10k on those mickey’s and 50 track passes and they are still alive. you know where i stand.

Is there such thing as factory freak tires? They are still good to go, hell we were pulling the tires when they were on the bars.

I’ve used the MT drag radials and the BFG drag radials.Both produced good results at the track,MT’s were slightly better and I think they lasted longer.

Nittos sound like your best bet,long lasting,decent in the rain.

I gave up on drag radials and just went with slicks,changed them at the track.Seems like they lasted twice as long

MTs are the BEST drag radial for traction…

Longest lasting is the Nitto 555…

If you want your DRs to last a long time watch the tire psi.

the nittos run more narrow correct?

Wait, I don’t understand. Mickey Thomsons suck, but they’ve lasted 10k miles + 50 passes and they’re still alive?

Yes Nittos are usually more narrow…

I have ran drag radials on cars for 5 years…Nittos…BFGs…MTs…

correct

he was being sarcastic…:banghead:

hoosiers are, but MTs definitely aren’t shabby.

Sorry track star…

:lol:

I have had more passes in one season that you have in your entire life…

Anyways for a street tire just get the fucking nittos they will last the longest…and you already have another set of wheels :slight_smile:

OHHHHH SNAP! I cut 1.6x on MTs but never had a chance to try the Hoosiers.

congratulations

…i make over 3x the power you’ve ever had and i know what it feels like to really break loose. therefore, my experience overcoming that with tires > your track passes :wink:

getting a stalled stock power car to hook up at 3000lbs is not hard

Im not talking for the track.

I want to know a good all around tire for the street. Anyone besides Pat get that kind of life out of a set of MT’s?