Thoughts on tires:

I’m looking on buying a set of rear tires for the vette. I want them to get good traction, but last at least one summer. Possible sizes I was looking at would have to be .5-1 inch taller then a 285/35/18 which I’m running in from to keep the staggering consistent.

Sizes I am considering:
285/40/18
295/35/18
305/35/18
335/30/18

Question: What would you do?

Say a 285/295 drag tire?

Spend a little more and get a nice 335 200-300 wear tire?

Looking at Nitto, BFG, Kumos as of now.

Discount tire has BFG Drags 295/35/18’s on sale for 225 each with free shipping, but I’d like to get a little better width and height…but for that price I may live with it.

Car will be used mostly for weekend warrior / 60mph burn outs. (If I’m lucky)

Will most likely be putting on 5-8K miles.

Maybe a couple track events, and a couple 1/4 days, but nothing too serious.

Thanks for your opinions guys!

i heard those BFGs wear down really really fast. I have heard people having really good results and decent wear with the Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial.

ccw dragpack

ETstreets
:smiley:

Maybe, but thats mondo dinero right there.

ET streets

For traction

MT Drag Radial > BFG > Nitto

For wear

Nitto > BFG > MT Drag radial

Not to highjack the thread, but how are these?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Radial+T%2FA&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=76SR5RADTARWL2&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

http://sasja.jubiiblog.dk/upload/05_dogshit.jpg

:lol: :word:

i had those before the KHUMO’s I have now (which i absolutely hate) and they wore out real quick. about 5,000 miles and they were shot

The Nittos on my Trans Am are pretty useless. No traction through 1st or 2nd … i will be looking at a set of ET streets or BFG’s for the street this summer.

MTs, all the way, if you arent too harsh on em they should last the summer

I got about 4000 miles out of my BFG drag radials. They hook a lot better than the Nitto’s.

I ran Nitto 555’s and they were garbage. Worst tires I used.
Many guys are quite happy with BFGs.

You really need to think about what you want more.

Track events don’t work on Drag tires.

the bfgs are ok, mine lasted me last summer and theres a bit of tread left, coulda been better at the track (combo of inexprience and 18" wheel didnt help). great street tire, except in the rain.

“Son, thos ters aint got no tread”:stuck_out_tongue:

drag radials will last you about 200 miles.

:confused: …they really dont.

How are the BFG KDWs or KDW2s?

Kumho Ecsta V700: Anyone use these?