Thoughts on tires:

that is the only thing that kept coming to mind as I read this thread

on that note

get PS2’s

295/35ZR18
335/30ZR18

best all around performer for you buck

or be brave and try Nitto’s Invo’s, I have heard good and bad things, but nothing like they blow donkey ass

Don’t make stupid useless posts…

I have used Nittos, and MT drag radials both of which I got 4000-5000 miles out of Nittos…and 2000-3000 out of MT drag radials with a bunch of tracking outings and they still have tread.

Figure out what kind of tires you want…

Drag racing tires
Performance street tires
Track tires

They are all meant for very different activitys and will preform accordingly

Also…the BFGs and MT drag radials are not very practical to drive in the rain you can but its a bit sketchy…Nitto 555drs can be driven in the rain…

I hate when people make comments like this.

555 drag radials?

If your spinning through first and 2nd…is this from a stop? or a rolling start?

You’re not going to dead hook a 400+rwhp with a high rear end gear hammering on it from a 1st gear roll…

If you’re spinning 1st, 2nd from a stop…You’re running to much air and not doing a big enough burn out these tires will hook.

BFGS suck ass in the rain. period. i almost lost control one day i got caught in the rain doing 40 on the expressway, just crusing not accelerating. hit a puddle and it kicked out like i was at full throttle.

These tires will be used mainly as a street tire, with very limited rain use.
I will be riding my bike most of the time to save gas $$ when its nice out.
I will be driving my Jeep when ever I see that it will rain out.
I will be driving the car in between, and when the bike isn’t fast enough for me. :slight_smile:

I say you consider more of a track tire than a drag tire.

and i’ve told you before, the way you drive, drag tires will be gone in a week.

E Aho Laula

You get what you pay for. I am gonna take the $1,300 plunge and get the OE tires (goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars) that I have on there now and am pretty happy with, or more likely the Pilot Sports. The Goodyears were a really nice tires and I certainly would recommend them again, no chunking at track days, good traction under those conditions too. Not too loud, good wear pattern on them, all that stuff.

X…

find some dude selling a pair of rear rims with some drag radials on them used… then buy some nice Z rated tires for street / track use.

or, consider something like the RA1/NT-01 they are track tires that have enough tread to get around in the rain. expect 4000-8000 miles out of them. They’ll stick like crazy on the street and track… and they’ll probably work decent at the 1/4 (better then street, but a little worst then a true drag tire)

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37387&highlight=fs+y2k

good tread :slight_smile:

edit:nm i thought u had the same wheels as the ones i listed, i dont think theyll fit.

I had the OE goodyears and I thought they were horrible for how much they cost.

MICHELIN PILOT SPORTS 2

meh, they could barely handle the power of my old LT1 on motor ( all of 350 wheel horse) first time i sprayed the car i knew it was time to move on.

I am calling BS on that, when there are many many 600-700hp P-car guys that swear by them. Them come stock on GT3rs’s, 997TT’s as well as many high end cars. Also are you talking specifically about PS2’s, PS1’s or PS A/S, then you can get into the PSCups. I am fine running a 275(when its not cold out) on my 280ish hp car that likes to take turns at 60+ mph.

they were A/S 's i missed that.

Decide wether or not you want a streetable race tire, or a racing street tire. Me thinks that you’re not going to enjoy a drag radial on a track with turns, as much as you would PS2’s or similar.

As far as drag radials go: MT DRs > BFGs >>>> Nittos.

I ran ET streets on a slow 5.0 w/150 shot. They were 1/2 tread when I got em, lasted me ~2k miles. Stuck great on the street… never got it to the track.
Threw a set of Nittos on the same car, might as well have been pep boys tires. Needed heating, and then were still too hard. meh.
I ran BFGs on a different car, lil faster. Traction was def better then the Nittos, but I think the MTs were stickier. All weather traction was far better IMO.

Yea, inclement weather is skecthy at best. :lol:

ET streets

You sure about that? close but no cigar on that one.

BIG difference between PS2’s and PILOT SPORT CUP’s

I would never recommend PS2’s for the money, but the cup’s treadwear is 80, it is a wee bit stickier.

There is a big difference between street/track tire, and street/drag tire. If you are going to do any road coarse racing forget the drag tires, and vice versa. I felt the Stock Eagle F1 Supercar was a nice inbetween for what I used it for, especially considering it lasted on the track, and was fine for day to day use.

X…

You guys realize

MT ET Street != MT Drag radials