looking for a good drag radial

im looking for a good drag radial for the street. ive looked at the mickey thompson radials but i need an 18inch tire size. who are some other tire companies you guys are going with. i currently have michelin pilot sports but the car wont see rain so i dont need an all street radial. whats out there? thanks

wrong section!

BFGs dont’ last long but they will hook. nittos will last long and hook ok. Mickeys will last longer that bfgs but a little less than nittos, but will hook like hell!!!

Hoosier Drag Radials… There’s 2 lines thru them. Very, very soft. I have rolled around on them all year round and they are a pretty decent tire with slick like design.

i looked at the hoosiers nittos and bf. noone has a 285 series tires for the rear. so do i just run a street tire or change the profile of the rear and instead of a 35 profile go to a 275/45/18 and not a 285/35/18.

I would try to run the 275/45 size before the 285/35… Should give you a little more sidewall…

Post moved.

mickey thompson makes a few different 18’s, and by far the stickest DR you will find for the street.

Mickeys are the stickyest but dont last as long
BFGs hook ok,not as well as the mickeys,but last longer
Nittos last the longest but dont hook as good as either mickeys or BFGs
I have not tried hoosiers yet
I have bfgs on my car and they have lasted 2 seasons,about 250 passes at the drags and 3,000 or more miles on the street amd there still going.They look more like slicks now but no cords yet.

I’m reallly happy with my M&H DRs

I went 1.49 today on my hoosier drag radials… They have about 2500 miles on them this year and are roughly 30-40% worn down… They work pretty good…

Anyone here try the toyo proxes tq drag radial?