DR's

Where can I get a set of drag radials, And how much do they go for?

Jegs has some decent prices, and FAST shipping. Your looking at prolly around 150-200 each…

what size? i just bought BFG G-force DRs

they were 150 ea + 22shipping for the set(225/45/17)

ordered off tirerack.com on a sunday, got them last tuesday afternoon

I got mine on ebay for $310 shipped. McCormack Racing or something like that on ebay.
Mine are Mickey Thompson ET Streets.

Hey how do you like those?

I’m also going to purchase a set for next summer. Would like to know what tire is best? NIttos? Mickeys? BFGs?

Nittos last longest, hook the worst.

Bfgs and Mickeys hook about the same but the MT last way longer

good info… i’ll start shopping!

Wayne, what size and what ya plan to do with em? Rock em all the time, or just at the track. I can point ya in the right direction

Yeah with a sig like that you sure do know a lot about buying tires:rofl

I was planning on driving them all the time… at least a 315. would like to stay 17" but i’m gonna go 17x10.5 with the new rims. would like to keep stock rolling diameter.

if your gonna run them all the time i wouldnt recommend the MT they are only meant to drive to the track run and drive home… nitto’s seem to be the best for driving all the time on them

:lol true dat!!

MT’s get all sorts of fucked up when exposed to extended highway driving or DD status, from what I’ve heard they hook the best though. If I had a car that was remotely close to requiring them I’d put them on an extra pair of rimzzz.

I plan on using these as a DD tire.

from what i’ve seen on a few cars the surface starts to get fucked up, i dont even know how to describe it, really. wrinkly? “bally”? hopefully someone knows what i’m talking about.

It;s the same way on slicks after they get hot.

Ive never had a problem running ET Street Radials on the street, but some have…

For DD, just go Nittos. They are better than a street tire, but you can get “15,000 miles” out of them

It’s lookin like BF’s?

i have about 1000 miles on my BFGs with alot of rolling burnouts. theyve got some good meat on them still. ive been stuck in the rain with them. not too bad, sure its not ideal. but i survived, just have to do everything slower and sooner. but ride is fine, drives smooth on them. with a FWd turbo car, DR’s will help but they arent the cure, so dont expect youre gonna hook very well unless youve got some type of gear based boost control.

now for wayne. ive seen that alot of the Cobra guys use the Nittos, they have a 100 treadwear rating a believe, where my BFG’s are 00 rated.

for me, as i run a 225/45/17 and BF Goodrich is all that offer that(nitto only has a 245/45 which is a tad tall) i will be buying them again im sure. but im probably going to close the season on a set of michelin ps2’s since driving to maryland on DR’s isnt the best of ideas for me.

yea i’m gonna see what that guy selling the GTO on here wants for his Nittos.