Daily Driven Drag Radials?

how are BFG and Nitto Drag radials in the rain? my kumho Mx’s cant handle the power in 1st 2nd and a lil bit of 3rd, and i wanted to snag some DR’s to put on my 17’s for daily driving…

any suggestions… i wont sacrifice rain stability though… i HATE hydroplaning

the nittos will last u about 10k depending on how u drive , They are ok in the rain but they arent really made for it . they pretty goood traction on pavement
teh BFG will last u about 2-4k if that , but will give better traction on pavement

they both are good int teh rain as long as u dont fuck around

2-4k… fuck… thats like a month of driving for me int eh summer… i guess that wont work

Nittos will last much longer. I got Nitto DRs and they were surprisingly decent in the rain, well the ONE time I got stuck in it. Even with normal, full treaded streets my car hydroplanned like a bitch, with wide tires you can’t get away from it. I drive like a grandma when there is standing water on the road. I think I got about 4K on my tires now. They still have more than 3/4s of the original tread on them and thats with a few smokey burnouts and donuts.

im quite curious to see the traction on the new BFG KDW-2 tires…look pretty meaty…

but i think the right path is 555rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

halas is right, nittos are much bettter for daily drivers, tread live is much longer. BFGs and MTs shread apart, they are such a soft material the rubber just peels off the tire, however traction is much better with them. I think if i had a decen quick daily driver i’d just invest in eithe nittos or a very good street tire like michelins or them firehawk sz50s, great traction (for a street tire), great treadlife

I run nittos on my T/A for daily driving. They’ve got about 6k miles on them, plenty of tread. I hear they go about 12-15k. Its important to keep them at about 25psi though, otherwise the center tread wears down very quick. You have to be careful in the rain. They’re ok, but you need to be aware. My back end gets very squirrely with them when its wet. If its a downpour, they hydroplane pretty easily, I could only go about 55 on the interstate.

Also since the rubber is much temperature sensitive, they turn to rocks once it drops below about 40. They spin very easily when it gets cold.

But for regular driving the nittos do hook pretty well on the street when they’re warm. I can romp on my 245/16s all the way through first putting down 420rwhp, and they don’t spin on me.

I have MT Drag radials too I run at the track - I would never reccomend those for street driving.

I didn’t respond because I don’t have any experience with FWD + DRs…

You guys did… but I think everything changes when the front tires are receiving the power… I may be wrong, but thats not usually the case :stuck_out_tongue:

You can get 10k from BFGs… but they are bald after 3500-4k.

You can have 1000hp… but you have to know how to control the throttle to maintain traction. The only time you don’t have traction is when you don’t want it.

Well, sure and my suspension is set up to plant the rears a bit better than in stock form. But I can slap on a street tire or take my car out on nittos when its 30 degrees, and I’ll break loose at anything above 4k in first or with a hard shift to 2nd. With the nittos, once they’re warm from driving and the pavement isn’t too cold, I can roll on the throttle and usually go all the way through first without a problem and just get a firm bark out of a powershift to 2nd without getting completely sideways.

we have a bunch of guys in the gn club that use the MT drag radials, They hook like no other, but they suck in the rain and they wear shitty.

matter of fact my father wants to get rid of his, he cant stand them, only because he doesnt race much and he needs tires that last, back to the nittos!!!

Driving a front wheel drive car with Nittos and BFGs is a lot diffrent then a RWD car…

You can get nittos to last a long time on RWD running low tires psi…try doing that on a FWD car and streering haha

Id say go Firehawk SZ50s, DRs just will not last on a fwd car for long