Best/Average 60' On Nitto555R's

Just pondering, wondering if I should bother buying another pair for my car. I couldnt get anything better than a 1.9 60’ out of them. I played with diferent pressures, but I think my biggest down fall was, that I couldnt hold the car in one spot while I did a burn out, I’d start the burn out and the tires would pull me up to the line = 4-6sec. burnout. (I fixed that problem now)
Also, since my car is wrong…err “FRONT wheel drive”, and supercharged, making quiet a bit of low end torque, I might not ever be able to get fair traction from a dig, unless I do slicks, and strap the rear end up so it doesnt transfer weight. BUT, that doesnt help me on the street, but oh well…

Lemmie know guys…esp. the madd fast imports. :tup:

Nittos arnt the best, better than any regular street but probly the worst drag radial out of the big 3. Mickey Thompson’s are the best, and BFGs arnt far behind. I ran BFGs on my car last year 255/50-16. I never broke them loose on the street with 500+rwhp. BUT with great traction you get bad treadware. Mickey’s and BFGs generally only last 3000 miles give or take alittle. Nittos will last your 10k miles.

Just gotta break down your goals and budget.

Mike

My considerations are, just get street tires for…the street, then a pair of rims and real slicks, or MT drag radials, ooooor Slicks n drag radials.

Im thinking, street tires and a pair of slicks for the track or maybe a callout…lol

When i had 555r’s and my car was just bolt-ons it would 60ft. 1.8-2.0. They would hold well from a roll in first on the street. I now run BFG DR’s as my street tire and i have never taken them to the track(track wheels and tires) but i have hit them with a 150shot from a 15mph roll and they hooked. I like them alot but as stated they are nt cheap and dont last long. I have maybe 1,000 miles and they are already lookeing rather meh. Size is 295x35x18 maybe 295x40x18 i cant remamber.

Nittos are a good street/drag race tire…you can drive them in the rain and still get good traction in dry weather…

idk about the mickeys on a fwd car…you get great traction in dry weather but any moisture on the ground and these things are teh suck…

Damn, I’ve got close to new 315/35/17 BFG dr’s on my car and first gear with the 100 shot was just one big “whoosh.” Probably just my gay lowered suspension with nothing else done to it.

I do like my BFG’s better than the Nittos I had on my old Camaro. At NYI I was cutting 2.0s launching like a bitch off idle, no burnout, with my BFGs. My best I could muster with my Nittos on my old LT1 6spd, which was basically stock, was a 1.9x.

Hmm i have a strang adj setup in the front with no swaybar and the rear is at stock height. You are talking about 1st gear already moving with the throttle rolled in not jumping on it or from a stop right?

Yeah, like on a slow roll in first I’ll hit it, the car will jump, then the spray hits and it’s at the revlimiter instantly :(. I also have the front sway removed, I think I gotta get some stock springs back on the thing and maybe air the tires down a little…what psi did u run your bfgs at. wow i just highjacked the fuck out of this thread.

I run them at about 26lbs. I cant get them to handle crap from a standstill but if i roll into the trottle they can hang. Mr rear suspension is stock aside from lcs’s but as soon as i get back i am removing the isolater on top of the spring. Adj. front shocks/springs helped a ton on street driving but i have not gotten to try them at the track yet.

It’s those small sidewalls…

They work fine for me and mine are 18’s. You guys just dont know how to be cool. Im up there with the fonz.

Maybe you should spray a bigger shot…its probably not hitting the tires hard enough to get instant traction :tup:

On Topic: I cut a high 1.7X on Nittos before…and I think that was before the stall…

Yea i can get full strut extension on the street from a roll in first on the bottle. Id say you guessed his issue. Weight transfer and not enough hit to the tire. Im going to be a wheelie machine in the 28in slicks with a short tq. arm. LOL at our thread hijack woot.

I get full strut extension when I hang out with Cougarspeed :tup:

Traction on the street comes down to do you want a drag car or a road race car :lol: once you give in to drag racing…Try a aftermarket torque arm.

WTF happen to my thread???
sum bishn fbody guys

My friend had nittos on his 03 Mach 1 and we couldnt get any better than a 1.9 out of them… the nittos on my TA are useless, i light them up on the street through 1st and 2nd… no traction at all… i think im going to get BFG’s or maybe even take a shot at Hoosiers this spring

Shut up bitch this is an f-bod thread now. Grow a mullet or GTFO ho.

:thankyou:

u cant get bfg dr’s anymore

best I ever got was a 1.830 at NYI in the gp.