gonna try NITTO 555R

i just bought a pair of nitto 555r drag radials 305/45/18s and nitto intense 555 255/35/18s for the front. anyone have any input on these tires. ive heard the BFG tires wear fast and MT dont fit for me but i heard the nittos last longer on the street and thats what i need.

You heard correct. The Nitto’s last the longest of all of the drag radials, and actually are tolerable in the rain. They don’t hook as good as any of the other drag radials, but they are way better than a regular street tire.

You’re also running 18s with no side wall good luck :tup:

I had these on my car when i bought it, i drove with them for a week and then got BFG’s… they were pretty useless.

I ran a 10.57 @ 132 with a 1.52 60’ on 17" chrome cobras and a 275/40/17 Nitto.:ohyeah: They work great, you just need to heat them up.

If I over heat mine I bog, but if I under heat them I spin. I like them they grip good in the rain too, but just last night it was cold out and I can spin them from a roll in 1st. Not alot but they started too it was cold though.

fo real? cold and only 1st? lol i spun into 3rd at WOT last night teehee. on my mickey’s of course.

Lol ya I only have full exhaust though! I do like
my nittos though!

Give us a report of how they work out for you. I’m still trying to pick tires for my Cobra.

they were ok on my car i had 315 35 17s but i only got like 4k miles on mine due to john force burnouts at the track