another Toronto show / event - NY Speed reppin?

Drift Mania in Toronto on August 18-19.

This is as close as Canada gets be to World Class drifting. I competed in the series 2 years ago but there is no way i could keep up with these guys now.

http://aceelectronique.com/Events/Races/Round4/tabid/140/Default.aspx

Rumour has it that Chris Forsberg and perhaps Tony Angelo of the Drift Alliance will be in attendance doing demo’s and judging. Last year Ryan Turek competed… this guys are Formula D drivers and i think may even be at the D1 level.

It looks as though Sasha (SG-motorsport), Dan (U2N-dyno) and i will be teaming up to promote our operations.

I spoke with Josh breifly about coordinating something, i figured i’d through this out there to see how many would be interested.

There is an amatuer competition as well and i can give you guys the inside track if you are interested in competing. I am good friends with the guys who are responsible for coordinating it. They are SON240sx members and used to be the right hand men for Drift Nation.

I have a PDF file with all the site info etc. I am trying to attach it but it’s 2MB and i think it is too large.

I’ll definitely be there. :tup:

Anyone else?

these guys are clowning. Seriously, they want over a $1000 for a 10 x 20 when last year’s event bombed hard.

The on-track was awesome but there were no vendors. TMP was not the right track for it.

Apparently, and was top secret before someone spilled it to me, there is a multi-year deal inked for hte downsview location and this year is all about building hype for the next few.

someone is dropping serious money into this series and it is getting major corporate backing from Castrol, Shell, Etc. Etc.

but come on… i paid alot less than that to show off for 3 days at the Grand Prix last year and the traffic was lot more than this place will generate.

still though, i have some inside guys working on some shit and if it goes through we may have to rep serious hard.

i wanna do something even cooler than build a lounge in the middle of a car show…lol.

the amatuer competition is going to be very good. I think Mike should get in on this. All my local buddies will be in it… heck if i get a new diff i’ll do it too.

have fun good luck:carnut