TMP dorifto event?

http://www.racemode.com/NEWSletter/v060802/dmccemaillogo.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Drifting Poised to Infiltrate Toronto Market

Toronto, ON – August 4th, 2006 – After an exhilarating start to the season with three events in the province of Quebec, the Castrol DMCC drifting series prepares to make the journey westward, and for the first time ever, present an authentic professional competition in Toronto.

Toronto drift fans have eagerly been waiting for an event such as this for quite some time. Anticipation has been building since the special drifting demonstration organized by the DMCC during the Grand Prix of Toronto this past July. “Judging from the reaction we received from the spectators, media and organizers, our drifting demo was a huge crowd pleaser.” said Alex Crepault, General Director, Castrol DMCC. “If this is any indication of what awaits us at our upcoming Toronto event, then we will be ready to put on a show like never before.”

The top 16 seated drivers are expected to be competing at Toronto Motorsports Park on August 12th. Fan favorites like Vancouver’s Hideki Nishimura and Daryl Rebeck of Team Toyo Drift alongside Team Yokohama’s Ben Alden of New York State and Haig Kanadjian of Montreal will be present in full force. Toronto drift fans will be treated to the adrenaline pumping performances of Team Continental’s Marco Santos as well as newcomer Fred Girard in his JDM Skyline R32. Although there have been a few amateur drifting demonstrations held in Toronto in the past, the Castrol DMCC will be the first event to showcase true Japanese inspired tandem battle drifting. Canada’s best drifters will face off against many American teams including New Hampshire’s Ryan Tuerk and Virginia’s Nathan Brasz in their Nissan 240SX’s. All teams will be focused on final point standings as the Toronto event represents the 2006 season finale.

If you have yet to witness drifting in person, or have always been curious to see what the buzz is about, the opportunity has finally presented itself. Come find out first hand why drifting has become the fastest growing motorsport in the world. Round 4 of the Castrol DMCC is scheduled for August 12th at Toronto Motorsports Park. This will officially be the first ever sanctioned drifting event to take place in Ontario.

visit:http://driftmania.ca/

For more information on drifting and the Castrol DMCC, images or to receive media passes, please contact:

Alex Crepault
General Director
Castrol DMCC
Tel: 514-944-2823
[Alex.crepault@driftmania.ca](javascript:parent.ComposeTo(‘Alex.crepault@driftmania.ca%20’):wink:

<b>TORONTO PRODUCTION TEAM - RACEMODE INC. 

http://racemode.com/images/head_img_racemode.gif

Edmund Manasan “Industry Visionary”
RACEMODE, Media & Marketing Solutions, Inc.

TOLL FREE: 1.800.310.4028
TEL: 416.222.2111 ext: 444
FAX: 416.222.1248
EMAIL: [edmund@racemode.com](javascript:parent.ComposeTo(‘edmund@racemode.com’):wink:

263 Adelaide Street West, Penthouse #514
Toronto, ON M5H 1Y3
(Corner of John & Adelaide - Toronto’s Entertainment District)

MEDIA INFORMATION

Michael Masangkay
Communications Director
TEL: 416.222.2111 ext: 555
EMAIL: [mike@racemode.com](javascript:parent.ComposeTo(‘mike@racemode.com’):wink:

PRESS PASS REQUEST

Rochelle De Leon
Administration Director
TEL: 416.222.2111 ext: 666
EMAIL: rochelle@racemode.com

Castrol Drift Mania Canadian Championship is produced by Drift Mania Productions. Based in Montreal, Quebec, Drift Mania Productions has been producing drift events since 2004. The Castrol DMCC is currently the only sanctioned drifting competition in Canada. More details can be found at www.DriftMania.ca

hope their exhausts are under 110 dbs was it

Yeah, I’m pretty sure most of those drift cars are going to fail the db check, so there will probably only be 1 or 2 cars actually on the track.

I got excited cuz I thought you were organizing a drift event at TMP. My barred bridgestones would have loved to say goodbye in such a fashion…

yea i wonder how on earth drift cars are goign to pass

103db :tdown:

This reminds me I have to send a really nasty letter to the owner still.

Don’t forget to wipe with it before mailing.

How are they going to drift on that track? Defintaly not the smoothest. And the grass transisitions are a bit on the rough side should they end up going off. Or is there another section I’m just not aware of?

very carefully…

Easy. Single day exemption. At least that’s my guess.

If the drift show brings in enough $$$$$$, they will find a way to allow it.

I’m alos curious what kind of show they will be able to put on at TMP. If they use the track the only turn wide enough for tandem drift is turn one. Everything else is pretty tight.

If they play the normal follow the leader type game, it could possibly work.

Maybe they aren’t planning to use the track, who knows? :confused:

Yup they are planning on using the track. Bing can post more details, but these are the same guys from the Toronto Grand Prix.