Another TV Question

OK so i have this tv here.

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=srch1&Ntt=341852&N=0&Dx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&D=341852&Ntk=All&product_code=341852

and this dvd player here

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=srch1&Ntt=Sony+DVP-NS75h&N=0&Dx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&D=Sony+DVP-NS75h&Ntk=All&product_code=337546

and i am running the monster component cables.

when i play a DVD the movie is in a small screen … and i dont know how to fix it… its on a 1:1 aspect ratio. and when i adjust the tv to full screen the picture quailty is not there… any one know how to fix this issue?

thanks

better TV and better DVD player :gotme:

make sure that the DVD player is playing in progressive mode, and make sure the DVD is a widescreen. but other than that your equipment is your limiting factor

1:1 means pixel-accurate aka if the TV is 1366x768 your 720x480 DVD will play in the middle of the screen (small). Try an aspect ratio like" wide" ?

Some TVs the aspect should be just, just play with the aspect ratios untill it works,

on full screen it fits just fine, but iits all pixalited…

HDTV tough looks really good. i think i just need to rent a HD DVD

uhm, thats not an HD player

it has the “up-conversion” tough, doesnt seem to be working right tough.

Why in the hell are you running component cables? The TV and DVD player have HDMI…

You also have to select the 1080 or 720 option on your DVD players menu.

up conversion does not mean it will play an HDDVD, it actually means it WILL NOT PLAY, also it has a horrible scaler in it, you need to select what you want the output to be as well as probably telling the TV what signal it is seeing.

:tup: to medium pimping

i bought the hdmi cable tonight, and it fixed the issue, i guess my dvd player wont adjust passed 480p with component.

and i must say, spending less then $600 i am very happy with the results, the picture looks great.

you still work at comp usa?

There’s great, then there’s the Sharp Aquos and Fujitsu PlasmaVision sets. You don’t have great, but I’m glad you’re happy :smiley:

The Sharp Aquos sucks

nope

What planet did you wake up on this morning? I am still here on Earth…

Yeah they may have been top of the line a few years ago, but compare it to any half way decent LCD and it looks like shit

I take it you haven’t seen the new 90 series 1080p panels then…

I was just talking about the Aquos line in general… And No, I haven’t