Anti Fouler o2 solution on gm?

Ok ive been reading up on the guys using sparkplug antifoulers inline with the o2 sensor and ditching the cat. Ive seen this mainly on mitsus and vw’s. My question is though that will it work for gms as well? I plan to do the exhaust on the zr2 this week and would like to know if the threads are the same before buying them and welding a bung into my exhaust. thanks. and for those that must know, i plan to do this for better milage, one less thing that could break or go bad, and for a better rumble.

yes, it should work on a gm. I did this to my ford and my buddys camaro. I dont see no problem in you doing it to your zr2, shouldnt cause a problem :slight_smile:

I did it on my 99 r/t, If for some reason you get it on the first try and you get a cel, just hit the 400 all the way to the end and back. It will give your computer the time needed to learn. i believe it has to be at 60mph for a certain amount of time. good luck

It doesn’t matter what make or model the car is, all o2 sensors work the same.

neonglh, i realize all o2 work the same. it was the threads on it that i wanted to know if it was the same. but thanks guys ill be giving it a shot this week.

Still yes. :slight_smile:

been using one on my car for 2 years now. no problems

did this. ran 2.5" piping from ypipe to a magnaflow wide open series muffler. no cat, welded o2 sensor in “stock” location, all piping bent/welded and tried it out. been working great for almost 2 weeks now, no code. seems to be a little more power from less restriction, and sounds good. just gotta weld up the duals come spring time.

thanks guys.

You probably won’t notice the power too much, but the sound is a big improvement for a lot of cars :tup:

^^^obviously not alot of power, but it seems to get rpms up a little quicker. i think the converter was starting to clog up. so between rebuilding the motor last summer and this, its closer to being the power output of “brand new” and not the power output of just shy of 130k. good enough for me.

Very cool :tup: