spark plug anti foulers (Update) ???

So i should be getting my headers in tomorrow and before i attempt to do the install im trying to get my hands on spark plug anti foulers (help! brand #42009), and nobody in the city seems to carry them or even herd of them, so I’m just wondering if anyone has got these and from were??? Thank you Jimmy 8)

UPDATE So i went to NAPA at lunch to help a friend find some spark plugs and well look what i found!!! (funny cause when i called they said they never heard of them :rolleyes: )
sorry about quality its my camera phone. they were 6.84 + tax
part number is 730-2442, also have 730-2443 which is a little longer. 8)
http://users.nexopia.com/uploads/1248/1248863/nonfouler.jpg

Jimmy

You would of been better of getting them from the VBoard. They are only 12 bucks… I have never seen one or herd of anyone making on in the Edmonton Area. Option 2. You could just move you second O2 sensor behind your second “Kat”

This is true but the headers are 4-2-1 with downpipe(OBX) so no “kats” for now, im pretty sure i will just order a magnaflow high flow soon, this is a picture of what they look like (diff modle #)
http://users.nexopia.com/uploads/1248/1248863/DSC02852.sized.jpg

So it’s a ghetto Sim that you are looking for? pm graymulligan on Vboard he posts a lot more on b15sentra.net tho. I drove around with my ses light on for like a month, it doesn’t do anything just annoying to see all the time I bought a electronic sim from mossyperformance.com, but yeah just pm graymulligan he’ll hook you up, and buy an onstar antenna from him while your at it so you wont have that beast of an antenna.

That I will do thanks guys for the fast responses, i guess for the meantime i will run with the CEL light on, im thinking i will lean more towards the highflow cat probably just wait to see how loud and smelly it is with my WS2. :senior

Good luck finding those anti-foulers. I called or visited probably 20 shops in the city looking for those before I installed my header and couldn’t find them! You’re probably better off getting a Ghetto-sim 3000 from Graymulligan, or if you can find a fitting that will work in your 02 sensor bung that could be an option too.

Thanks again for all the help guys :partyman:

So did you get your header? What kind did you get? Need any help installing it?

I too will help if needed… I’ll bring the girl in my sig :E

Ha, she’s pretty. I have the OBX header (4-2-1-downpipe), the install was easy but now its got a leak one of the seals, well that’s what mills says anyways (posted before about having a knocking noise) so im going to replace my gasket were the header meets the block with the oem one (there is a buildup of carbon around this one) and use some high temp gasket sealer on the rest of the seals to hopefully fix the noise. Thanks anyways though guys, i may need to take you up on that offer later on when i decide to get a cam or BSR kit. 8) :rofl :partyman:

Bring your beast out to the meet this sunday so i can take a look at your header…

I can honestly say I have never even heard of these things. What exactly is the point / what do they do.

X2

For engines that are burning heavy oil, these things prevent a lot of it from coating the spark plug by putting a sheath around the insulator area (the plugs slide down inside these fittings). Thus, the fuel gets lit off when it atomizes but the carbon from the oil doesn’t coat the plugs as quickly. It’s a temporary solution for motors with big problems.

Thats kinda strange… Pretty much ever Vtec honda burns oil. But I have never heard of anyone even attempting this. But on Honda engines its do to excessive crank case pressure and it overpowering the stock PVC system which allows oil into the intake manifold, and in extream cases up past the rings. Usually us honda guys just run a catch can and the problem goes away completely.

Yeah, well any high reving car is going to push oil mist into the PCV, and as Variable said, Catch Can = solution,

However why would the SpecV need this? Is it the Excessive Oil Consumption Problem or because of the PCV?

Sorry of the lack of info, these are for the second O2 sensor to read a smaller oxygen signal to stop the SES light from coming on, on cars that have no cats.

http://forums.thevboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=43023&highlight=sensor

Jimmy

OBD2 = the suck…

It’s pretty handy when you can self-diagnose problems with it like you can on the Spec 5. :smiley:

I am talking more about the issues ECUs have with modification.