antilag rocks

just got done wiring up the megasquirts antilag feature this is only 2,300 rpms and it builds 7 psi in a instant
need to fine tune it just a bit but waiting till theres tailpipes on the car that extend past the rear bumper so the flames dont burn the bumper cover

hows that work? retard the hell out of it and run it lean?

at the low rpm limit it retards the timing, at the hard rpm limit which is 400 rpm above the low limit it starts droping spark one cyl at a time,it does not lean the motor at all.

once it starts droping spark the unburnt air fuel ends up in the pipes, coupled with the 2*atdc timing lights of the mixture in the pipes. so it just spns the turbo way up.
i i raise the rpm a lil and put about 2 more degrees of retard in it it will shoot some nice flames out the tailpipes

nice. I need something like that but I cant drop spark per cylinder, just overall.

u using edis or some for of dis on ur car?

stock TPI distributor computer controlled with '730 ecm running code $59. I have mallory ignition box tied in between. I can put a selectable retard on a push button or similar switch to pull a bunch of timing out while I’m on the foot brake and let go so it call comes back in at launch. This way I dont have to take the timing out of the entire main spark table, so I dont have to run around on low timing.

Also have a two step function but not sure if that would help me. I can foot brake to 3000 rpm on a good day. IF i set the two step to 2800 on a push button switch, I wonder if that could help spool the turbo and not push thru the brakes?

I’m going to put 2 more degrees of retard…on your face!

LPE has a setup for the LS series, it creates a misfire which will build boost instantly as well. you have the option of retarding timing or not to retard. i never dropped timing and seen instant spool when playing around with it. not mention it becomes a set rev limiter

I’d be happy with 2-3 psi off launch instead of the 0 i have now. If it helps just alittle on the foot brake, i will gain good results. My setup comes on pretty fast so I dont think spooling will be a problem. its just getting them to start spooling and building boost off the footbrake with a looser converter and weak braking system :slight_smile:

Heard of quick spool valves too which would be interesting to try but I dont think thats my problem. I thought some timing retard and leaner mixture at peak rpm off my footbrake will work as good.

a rich mixture and pulling ign timming will help boatloads

Antilag is sick… yours seems fairly quiet… check this one out! Nice project BTW.

damn thats violent

i believe it depends on what rpm you have it set at?

yeah and what u use or an ex system too. the camaro is set at below 2,300 rpms and also has a ull ex that has a crossfflow style mufler on it . i can make it violent as hell i i turn the rpm up and retard the timing somemore