Any 95 M3's for sale?

What is that Natty? :rofl

shit i might be selling mine in the near future with 2 sets of wheels, new rear suspension as well. FML

mine has 2 small spots of rust that need to be addresed, and a seam in the leather seat that let loose. has no AC because the previous owner took it out, has some mods but nothing crazy. motor has 86k, body has 133k.

Could be a nice track car for someone.

someone make me an offer!!!@@!@!@!@! :slight_smile:

I have a '96 I might sell:

obdII

booooo :lol

Rust booo :stuck_out_tongue:

very true. getting fixed when spring hits

i looked at it and im sort of uncertain. i think it needs a new input shaft bearing, and the CEL doesnt come on with the dash lights, just the Check control. the body isn’t as great as he says, but the car has never been in an accident, and there is no rust underneath. he basically dropped the price $1700 if i picked it up today. i told him i need to think about it.

The car actually has 184k miles,

problems that i saw.

driverside window is wacky, it goes up, then down, then up, then down when i push the up button.

driverside mirror doesnt move all the way out for me to see.
dash lights were tricky to come on
needs steering wheel ring for horn to work (99 steering wheel)
power steering leak
fan speed and airflow isnt that great (probably dirty cabin filter)
needs tires
passenger headlight has condensation inside
shifter is fucking terrible - so sloppy, i was afraid to shift fast
needs windshield
paint isn’t the greatest like he stated
interior is ok
car has been smoked in

i couldnt really check under the front due to it being low and my jack being too high.

Good points

All VINS on body panels
heated seats worked
car seemed to drive decent
brakes were good
handled ok
bilsteins / h&r springs looked fine
RSM seem’d ok
No underside rust

think i should move on? what would you guys pay for something like this?

Not much. I’d rather have one owned by a guy who spent his money on maintaining the car, not mods. Fixing other peoples screwups (steering wheel thing, etc) sucks.

Every one of them will have a sloppy shifter but it takes $40 to fix it to better than showroom new.

I’d keep searching. Tons of cars out there in your price range.

you prolly already know about this but alot of e36 information can be found here
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1406255

driverside window is wacky, it goes up, then down, then up, then down when i push the up button. - easy fix, mine does it too.

driverside mirror doesnt move all the way out for me to see. -my DS mirror motor is too gone
dash lights were tricky to come on
needs steering wheel ring for horn to work (99 steering wheel)
power steering leak
- mine too
fan speed and airflow isnt that great (probably dirty cabin filter)
needs tires
passenger headlight has condensation inside
shifter is fucking terrible - so sloppy, i was afraid to shift fast
-mine too, but i have a short shifter and trust me it takes the shifts
needs windshield -i think u were looking at mine, mine has a scratch
paint isn’t the greatest like he stated -neither is mine
interior is ok mine is great besides the one seat needs to be re-stitched
car has been smoked in- not mine

i couldnt really check under the front due to it being low and my jack being too high

if u were here id totally want u to come help me fix the little thnigs wit mine. but i have to settle for benny :frowning: haha jk ben

lol Life’s hard sometimes. The shifter fix is delrin carrier arm bushings and a new OEM shifter “knuckle.” Takes maybe an hour or two and makes a world of difference.

The window thing is common on the older ones and is a simple but PITA fix. Every time you take the door panels off you damage them in some way, especially a 95. But when its done, its good for another 15 years…

Power steering leak is almost always one of the two low pressure lines. Easy DIY, parts are probably $100 (which is irritating for what you get).

HYC - Aside from the above (and you found a relatively bad egg), plan to check the cooling system. If it’s original or old, parts are $300 including rad. If it’s been maintained, no trouble. If it’s been neglected, do it now. This is the cause of the E36 headgasket stories you hear - letting your cooling system stuff break.

I decided against buying it. He said he’d sell it for $5800. In his ad, he is obviously lying.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/2222619264.html

Wait, so its listed at 6200 but he told you he’d sell it for 1700?

My cooling system exploded at like 80kmi on mine.

no, he was selling it for $7500, then said he will drop the price by $1700. if he offered it for $1700, it’d be in my garage now.

Oh haha. Is this the same Anthony that sold his black M3 to Deadbeat? if so, I’d stay far the fuck away.

Is this the dude that bought my old exhaust? Deadbeat - does yo shit sound ill at WOT? Because if it does, I want it back pls. Name your price.