Any Audi Dealer/Mechanic around here?

well you should get into it because then everyone would know the whole story and not just your side of it.

you claimed blown turbos as part of an insurance claim, which i am sure you can admit to as being a fraud since the car was chipped along with the fact you had a major boost leak. you then asked chris to HIDE this fact and risk him getting his business investigated.

then you decided to upgrade turbos through the insurance claim. i know dif companes have dif policies on this…but lets keep it simple and assume that your insurance company is allowing you to replace stock parts with what is considered a upgraded part. you did this THROUGH chris’s shop because you

A. didnt have the cash to do it on your own
B. couldnt do the work yourself
C. wanted to retain the aftermarket warranty to have future work covered under your policy.

not to mention the fact that you admitted to me you planned on making more claims on parts that will take a great deal more abuse due to modifications you had planned and wanted warranty to pay for it instead of planning ahead and not letting those parts break. not that i blame you for trying to save money but it adds perspective into how you view your plans in relation to how you expect things to be taken care of.

here is where you are prolly going to say that this is where chris dicked you around. i dont blame you for feeling that way, god knows i wasnt a priority when my car was there. BUT do you really expect your car to be his priority?

here is what chris had to deal with and maybe you can gain some appreciation once you can see it through his eyes:

CHRIS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PAID FOR ANY LABOR, PARTS, TIME HE WOULD PUT INTO THAT CAR UNTIL THE INSURANCE COMPANY FINISHED ITS CLAIM AND DETERMINED YOU WERE ELIGIBLE FOR REIMBURSEMENT.

this is important because the whole time you wanted him to buy parts, or start work on the car it would be money out of his pocket. money that you admitted to him AND me that you could not afford.

chris runs a business. his business is not charity.

chris ordered the parts from a list of companies you gave him. the parts you wanted are not “in stock” parts. ko4 turbos have been hard to come by for 2 years since borgwarner announced it wasnt producing its kkk line in k04 or k03/k04 trim.

you gave chris a budget to order these parts based off of what you could afford and the research you did as to what the parts cost. chris called and ordered the parts when the insurance claim was approved and they were not in stock. he was put on a list where according to first come first served he would recieve parts. this might be hard for you to agree with because you think chris was out to delay your enjoyment with your car for as long as possible :bloated: . what reason would he have to not order your parts, not work on the car, steer you in any direction besides trying to make you happy?

what most likely happened to your parts is they were sold to another person who needed them right away and paid another 200.00 for that luxury. it happens all the time and i dont blame tuners for doing it. chris was the middle man in this and ultimately you had to suffer, but it is in no way his fault or his doing…i will repeat: he has no reason to do anything but make you happy. not to mention your car being there sans motor and requiring that it be kept inside (also for your consideration) he had to push the car in and out of his shop EVERYDAY. the longer it was there the bigger pita it was to him.

lets re-cap and hopefully you will agree that what i am saying is un-biased and fair. after all, i did already state that chris didnt prioritize my car so i know how it feels to be put on a back burner. i am giving you the benefit of the doubt about your feelings of being dicked around. but you have to understand his perspective. he worked with what he had to get your car ready. the quickest way to fix an s4 of blown turbos, with no money up-front, sourcing already hard to come by (european only) parts is NOT through a warranty claim. add in the fact that he put his shops integrity on the line by going along with a fraud insurance claim. then to add insult to injury you claim that his shop fubared your transmission somehow.

since you are a “do it yourselfer” you can prolly deduce that the trans had NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY WORK HE DID ON YOUR CAR. the trans was dropped with the motor and was not taken apart or touched in any way. mistakes happen and i will give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe something happened while it was under his watch. he gave you this same courtesy and offered to troubleshoot it for you and did so without charging you. from what you told me and from what i understand from him is that you never brought it back to him afterward because you decided you were going to fix it yourself. but if you are honest you have to admit that the most likely cause of your trans problems was the fact that as soon as you got the car back, in a modified state that i warned you would create too much tq for an auto s4 trans, you went out racing and beating on it. THEN when you saw signs of it failing, you didnt stop driving the car to prevent further damage or try and get a diagnstic tool (also reccomended by me since you were modifying the car past what the stock ecu, even in chipped form, is prepared to see and compensate accordingly) hooked up and determine exactly what you were dealing with.

in my opinion, in both cases the damage/unhappyness was caused by your own impatience and reluctancy to do things the right way.

at your service car care is a stand up shop. chris caito is a audi master tech. he knows a great deal of info about all audi models off the top of his head and has the access to the anything else. the same access the local audi delaership/techs have.

i trust chris and the techs at “at your service” to take care of my s4, my fathers tt, sl benz, jaguar x-type, 2 of my uncles a6’s and one of their a4’s. my mothers benz is serviced there. i have numerous friends who take their car there. great northern motorsports has their race subaru, service truck, and private vehicles serviced there. in every single case i have just listed, every single recomendation i made to people to bring there car there…including you since afaik i reffered you there…you are THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS EVER HAD A PROBLEM with service. although i can admit that chris has recieved complaints about how long a car has taken to be serviced. this is to be expected when people drive as far as east aurora to get an inspection and oil change from him. this reputation carries with it a curse of being extremely busy, but only to the point it takes a few extra days at MOST to get what needs to eb done accomplished.

i look forward to your reply to see if there is anything i left out or something you feel i embelished or was unfair about can be claimed