Any BMW junkies out there? Paint code question

That happened to me at HVCC earlier this week, saw a kid throwing shit at oncoming cars on RT4, and thought “this kid really isnt stupid enough to do it to me”. Surely enough, FLICK! I rip it over, throw the car in reverse doing about 20 and jam on the breaks. Kid was about 17-18 maybe 140lbs and shit his pants. The only thing that stopped me from putting him to sleep for awhile was the fact that I would get expelled and not be able to finish my degree. I left shaking I was so mad.

I genuinely hate people

lol you have great self control my friend, I would have cracked that kid so hard his face would have fell off haha.

I do have real good self control, but it was tested to its limits then. Im really hoping I see him off campus at lunch someday.

Tha real good man, more power to ya, I’ve had some real close calls that coulda seriously fucked up my future. I’ve been lucky so far.

Haha, I hear that! Any pics of the car with clear on it yet??

Nah, im blind! lol… I kinda hope its done soon though, I just sold all 3 of my other cars so I either have to buy a new one asap or the bmw has to be done soon! lol

How long do they plan on letting the base sit before they clear it…?

no idea, I dont think very long… I think they did it the same day, why, I’ve never heard of that being bad? All painting is done they said, they just gotta put everything back togeather.

Oh ok, its just good rule of thumb to get the clear on within 24hrs or so of laying the base down.

Oh, yea, im pretty sure they did it within 8-12 hours

i have this thing for “Hell Rot”/ LCB/Alpine white…omg nom nom

:rofl at “are you fucking kidding me you piece of shit!”

Dude you will never, ever, ever turbo an E39 and get it to pass NY inspection, no way, no how.

You’d need to do EMS of some sort, those DME/ECUs are way too smart, and there are only two or three people in the US that CAN crack it, and idk you, or how much you make, but I’m going to go ahead and say you couldn’t afford them.

ps that video is hilarious

hmm really? Theres a few people on youtube with turbo 540’s that said they dont have any check engine lights. How about a supercharger, is that the same deal?

Most of the supercharged e39’s you see (I’ve yet to see a well running turbo one) are from kits, made by the select few people who can tune those DME’s.

What I’m saying is you’ll have a very tough, and money-intensive search looking for someone to tune for a custom turbo kit, as I know of zero off the shelf turbo kits.

I was just gonna peice one togeather… gt30-35r turbo, I have a bov, front mount I have, piping, I can get injectors right off ebay as well as a manifold and oil lines and shit are easy to get as well… It’s fairly easy to peice togeather a turbo kit, they also have the Dinan software to tune, I didnt no it was so difficult. Idk, maybe I wont do it, but I dont really like superchargers that much, turbo has always been my thing.

E34 FTW!

If I recall, the Dinan software isn’t to tune, but just a pre-programed unit that comes tuned. I’m sure Dinan locks it as well.
I didn’t know turboing the car would be such an issue… You may just be better of with an M5 and going from there.

Yea lol, but after spending a few thousand on rims a couple months ago and almost $3,500 on paint, I think I may just hold onto it for a little bit.