Any car salespeople?

i may be forced to get into automotive sales soon… and im looking for anybodies personal exp. on local dealerships and product lines…

why forced?

i quit circuit city for an opportunity at ingram micro… im gonna get the job at ingram, but like any other corporate place they tend to drag their feet… and its turned from 2 weeks to expected to be another monthish for me to get offered , so i need something as a backup

ohhhhhhhhhh i heard bad things at ingram micro…

Talk to Skurge, i knew he was a car salesmen for years.

good luck tough i would hate to be a car salesman

im a sales person at heart… i was VERY good at my job at circuit city… the politics got annoying so i left… and now my store is being ripped apart by corporate cuz of them focing me out

Brian I sold cars at Don Davis and it was one of the worst places I ever had to work. It all pretty much depends on the manager of the place you are working at because they dictate everything. I thought it would be a ok job since I would be involved with cars, I was really wrong about that. Pretty much dealerships could care less what you know about cars, they just need warm bodies. This is probably very untrue at higher end dealers like BMW and such just my experience.

SI01 I believe sells Subys

goto vegas and work for chop

lol

I wouldn’t do car sales, unless you dont want a life

I took a biiiggg paycut to get out of it yea, but dammit my life has no stress now :slight_smile:

once your in there, its dam ard to get out

and no they all just need warm bodies

they could care less if the new girl doesn’t know what ABS is.

i’m in sales and yea it has a ton of hours but if you are driven there is alot of money in it…after all that’s what it is all about…where are you thinking of working??

i worked for ford and now toyota…

i was thinking maybe fucillo toyota and sell scions or maybe dan georger mitsu

hours dont totally kill me, ive worked full time retail managemnet for the last 3 years… but if the money is right i dont mind working

Give VW of Orchard Park a try

I have a lot of friends that work at Ray Laks Acura and like it. Give that a try bro. I used to work their myself.

well if 2-3 12 hour days a week is what you want and depending on the dealership

def gonna be working every sat.

poss some/all sunday’s too

Car sales should be “car financing skills”

X…

To take this in a different direction: Who do we have working at Buffalo area car dealers so I can avoid dealing with total morons?

It sounds like SI01 is at NT Subaru/Hyundai, and I already know somebody at NT Toyota.

Do we have anybody at a Chevy dealer? Pontiac? Honda? Nissan? Mazda? I have about 10 different cars I’m interested in, and will be in a new ride by December at the very latest, preferably before the snow flies.

OMG I need go to see Mike Perry so I can test drive me an RDX.

We go way back.

Well my dad and him do.

basically you want to work at a dealership that never hires, if they’re always hiring they’re obviously pretty shitty to work for. i’d try to avoid gm and ford dealerships too.

get a job at west herr toyota…i work there as a lot manager…on a good saterday we sell 30+ cars! last month we sold 325 cars! for some reason…everyone wants a toyota

i am one of the people who setup WH’s auction. i must say you guys have been cranking out some serious #s for the past year or so. it has been really fun watching the steady decline of trades comming in from the domestic stores. a ton of big trucks and SUVs have been comming in too.

as far as a car sales gig is concerned, all i can recommend is that you don’t get into the car business. it sucks you in and destroys you. i have been in it for nearly 6 years and have witnessed some of the most messed up situations that you can imagine. i have so many wacky stories.