Any daytraders/investors/stock ppl here?

forget it.

Not yet, but i’m researching and hoping to by next year…

I haven’t been doing much with stocks, but I have been doing well with currency trading.

Check out fxcm.com. 24 hours is nice as well.

I did a lot of research beforehand though. You can lose a LOT of money if you don’t know what you are doing.

:rofl

wats so funny ADAM

I opened a Scottrade account when the Dow was below 7k. Threw in my tax refund expecting to work some day trading wizardry and then make it rain in the clubs. Read stock websites. Studied P/E charts. Talked to other traders.

End result? I lost 50% of my initial investment. Never touching that fucking shit again.

You really gotta know what your doing. its redic how much you can lose in one day.

Waiting for cossey to post…

Ive got like 3.5 shares of stock in Trustco bank and theyre worth less than when I got them and theyre not even worth cashing in.

fail

Bump for teh imminent fun.

I trade in a mutual stock for my long term goals, bought them at their all time low about 2 months ago so I am def. making money there.

I also invest in penny stocks. VERY risky but if you really do your research and know how to work this you it can be very lucrative. I have had mixed results with these types of stocks. Mostly positive though.

I got them as a gift quite a while ago. I actually think the shares split or something because I think I only had 2.5 before.

:rofl

shift is the last place for this talk

You seriously have 3 shares?:rofl

3 and a half and I still think theyre worth less than $30.

Dont feel bad, PJB, that’s one of the better investment strategies mentioned so far in this thread.

invest in government motors inc.

hahaha

I bought gold when Obamagot elected. Twas smart.

Due to the 1st time home buyer tax credit of $8,000, there will be a ton of retail spending when people start getting their tax checks in spring… buy retail stocks. I say Wal-Mart as an bvious potential option. Check value today, check this thread again next summer/fall.

I invested half of my “play money” account so far on my motorcycle. :lol