Any dyno's available/open now?

guess im stuck bench racing based on other guys with the same mods’ numbers for now…woo hoo

I would like to see what the winter beater puts down. I would be in for a dyno day.

US was back up over Canadian for awhile. It’s .987 : 1 as of today.

We decided against it after maintaining a full tuning schedule after selling the old dyno, including tuning 10 and 11 second cars on the street and at the track only. People finally realized that dynos don’t tune cars. They realized dynos just produce numbers and that 99% of them didn’t need to pay that extra money because their setup and usage doesn’t warrant it. There’ve been a number of occasions where I street tune a car and a customer is racing seriously so they want every last bit of power so they get dyno time afterwards. I rarely get another 1-2% power out of a car using a dyno and almost always end up leaving the street tune alone completely. With 2500+ tunes under my belt and plenty of great customer track and dyno results to reference, our customers don’t need dyno numbers for justification, especially since people now know how easy it is to manipulate dyno numbers.

Paying half as much for tuning has made our customers happy and I’m as busy as can be so I see no point in buying a dyno now unless I really get tired of having to leave the shop while I tune. I don’t see that happening for a long time. Once or twice a month there’s a car that’s too dangerous to drive on the street, or a track only car that’s not street legal, so I tune it on a dyno somewhere. Those cars still end up getting finished on the street or at the track because the loading isn’t the same on a dyno. Admittedly when I do traveling tuning I tend to use dynos, but it’s usually because it’s to tune something nasty or because I don’t know the area and it’s easier than finding good roads to tune on.

In closing. NEVER put an AWD car on a dyno with mismatched rollers. A rep at Dynojet confirmed that it would destroy your center diff in a matter of a couple pulls. As you know, having slightly different tire sizes on different wheels can destroy the center diff. Imagine the front wheels are spinning on a roller that’s half the diameter and mass as the one the rear wheels are spinning on and the front and rear rollers are NOT linked together so they don’t have to spin at the same speed. :picard: On a DD dyno, for instance, the front and rear rollers aren’t mechanically linked, but eddy current retarders maintain consistant roller speed. Their Dynojet doens’t have that.

Spina is open year round (technically), but if there’s snow on the ground, the ground is wet, or he’s not in the mood he won’t let you on the dyno. I showed up on 4 occasions in a row, always with an appointment, only to have him say he couldn’t do it that day because the ground was wet or he was working on something so we’d have to do it another day. I got no phone call in advance despite begging him to tell me if this was going to happen. On the other hand he’s a fun guy and his rates are cheap.

-Mike

im going to see if i can get my tune played with this spring, my car is pig rich right now, then i deff want to hit a dyno and see what shes making :smiley: (previous owner put down 419 rwhp before the FAST 90/90)

I’ve never been on their dyno but have heard this rumour before also. I’ve asked the same question, and haven’t heard anything on it. I’ve been to his shop and talked to him and was impressed with his knowledge. I can’t rationalize someone who seems to know his stuff being ok with equipment that wasn’t right.

Scott, if you go to spina’s let me know. I might wanna dyno my 328is before i continue to do my new mods. im curious as to what kinda power i was making to run 11’s last summer on low boost.

Any new local dynos?