Any electricians here?

Yes you DEF want it to be up to code and inspected. Don’t want to have to dig 450’ worth of trench twice.

When we buried our cable to the shop, it was laid out for 100amp single phase service(IIRC 4awg wire), sheathed, and encased in sch 20 PVC conduit some odd 4 ft down. Although I’m lucky if I draw more than 50 amps at a rip with everything running.

Also look into whether three phase is available at your line. If it is I suggest looking into having that run to the garage. Three phase, while running more voltage(typically 230-400v) runs less amperage and turns out to be cheaper. Running 3phz compressors and welders is nice :tongue We didn’t have 3phz service available here, too far from the main line grid.

wrongo…it will be single conductors 3 wires and a ground fed into a pvc pipe and thats it…

From what I understand not a whole lot inspection is necessary other than an electrician to come up and check out the fuse panel and Nat Grid to be happy with trench.

thats what i just said, those 3 wires will be sheathed, you won’t / can’t put 3 bare ass wires into pvc together, obviously they will have a jacket on them

ugh who gives a shit, worthless talk

smh

I told you vlad my dad and me can hook it up. No prob… Let me know what you plan on doing… A backhoe might be easier in the sense that you need to remove the dirt with the ditch witch

Wrong man, it all needs to be inspected

Ditch witch has an auger that pushes the dirt right to the side of the trench as the chain pulls it up. No need to remove any dirt the chain cuts. When comes time to backfill, you tilt the wedge blade to the side and simply drive over the trench and line of dirt, pushing the dirt right back in. No fuss to muss :slight_smile: It has a backhoe/bucket in the event that you have to dig a hole, like for a septic system.

Ditch is in it’s name…it’s meant to do one thing.

Yeah the inspection isn’t much Vlad just like you said. I think ours took a total of 15-20 minutes.