Any Federal dealers out there?

who can get federal tires for cheap? yes i know of tires23, but just wondering if people can get them cheaper.

prices were pretty low back in the summer and now they’ve gone up a bit again from tires23, anyone know any?

let me know!

I’d also be interested if anyone knew a dealer out there with a good price for federal tires

http://www.pickeringtire.com/

http://www.wheels-direct.com/

But the question is why you would want Federal tires in the first place? I had them like 5 years or so ago, when they were fairly new and I thought they were utter shit. And I had their top of the line tire, the SS595, which is now their ‘drift’ tire.

^^ sorry for my ignorance but is federal under another company?

i don’t see federal tires listed on neither of the sites.

i’m pretty sure federal is their own seperate company, no?

thanks

They may not be listed but they do carry them. Just give them a call.

But like I said before, if you want a similarly priced tire get something like General. You will like them more than the Federals.

General makes Federals. They also make Continentals. They’re all kinda garbage, but for drifting, they’re a cheap, disposable tire.

AFAIK General is ‘owned’ by Hankook…and Federal is by itself.

You could be correct, but I know for sure that General makes Continentals, and Hankook might have a hand in them, but to my knowledge they’re an independant company.

Federal is it’s own brand. The tires are made in China. That said I’m not sure that manufacturing standards are up to snuff compared to tires made in North America, Japan, or even Korea for that matter.

bootleg tires!!!

i like

i was almost certain they are made from taiwan.

i could be wrong, but i remember reading that from their offical site.

ive heard good things all around about federal before my prior purchases. federal is THE tire for cheap drift but grippy tires that saves the wallet a bit.

i havn’t heard many ppl talk about general tires for drifting.

from my experiences, federal withstand heat better, don’t grease up and don’t chunk which is a big factor in deciding about drift tires.

federal is the best bang for the buck. however, i will be trying these new fierce tires to see how they compare.

both tires have a nice aggressive tread pattern.

whats wrong with things made in china? almost EVERYthing has a piece of it made in china… china has quality products just as good as anywhere made … ppl use to pick china cuz of labour saving costs not quality… but thats been changing since ages ago… -___- if anything its india where cheaper labour is

and im sure federals are great for fair price, decent drift tires … not drag racing tires or grippy r compounds

I may be wrong here, but I speak from experience.

Like I said, I had the SS595 about 5 or 6 years ago. They have since changed the name to 595 and called it a “Drift Competition” tire, whereas before drifting became popular it was a “High Performance Street Tire”.

You be the judge, I’m just trying to save you the trouble.

595 - Drift CompetitionFederal’s extremely successful UHP, the former ss595, has been repositioned and renamed simply as the 595. Slight technical changes have been made by FTC to the tire to suit the purposes and take the abuse of drifting competition.

Combat-bred. Performance-driven. For those requiring flat-out performance, no other tire grips like the 595, yet still provides for the basic comforts of everyday driving. Aggressive V-shaped tread and innovative silica compound maximizes level of adhesion, resistance to aquaplaning, and gives your car ultimate control in acceleration, cornering and braking. Unparalleled comfort in its class.

The tread pattern is 100% the same as the original SS595, which leads me to believe that they did not change the compound of the tire either. The tread pattern is what originally sold me on the tires, along with the cheap price. I soon realized how crap they were.

• They only lasted 1 season of STREET DRIVING

• Wet traction was next to 0

• Dry traction was scary, they heated up like a T-Fal pan with a non-stick coating

• Very unpredictable grip

• Loud

Trust me, if you will be using these tires for street purpose as well, buy a different tire! Your wallet will thank you in the end.

The last tires I had were General Exclaim UHP - seen here:http://www.forums.son240sx.ca/showthread.php?t=20859

They are in the same price range and absolutely kicked the 595’s ass in comparrison.

Samson was made in China. I hope that answers your question.

no he wasnt he was made in a british colony…

Quit trolling and stick to the discussion. :squint:

got_boost_s13

i will take your advice and try those tires as well.

i like the federals but we’ll see

the main focus is that its good for the REARs for drifting.

no chunking and good smoke, and cheap

id run another tire for the fronts. just burn the federals in the rears is what they’re good for

but thanks for the advice! ill try the generals when we stop getting blizzards =P

ps: i was made in hong kong, not china, they were seperate when i was born.

straight up HK. causeway bay! hahahh if anyone knows where that is =P

I have Federal tires on my car for a year now they are not a bad tire…quality has ben pretty good too…lasted pretty long …no complaints.

bump from the dead

spring is coming…i hope

called wheels direct and they don’t carry federal, not even falken.

pickering is too far.

who can get CHEAP federals!!!

causeway bay

HUNG HING RUNS THAT SHIT hahahah.

i need tires too :frowning: