Any Hunters on the forum?

Did anyone get out on opening day on Saturday for turkey? I was in the woods at about 4:00 AM. I heard some turkey me and a buddy were trying to call in but never actually saw one. Hopeflly I’ll be able to get out again in another couple of weeks before the season closes.

Just went Sunday with my dad on the 200 acre property we own in Argyle. Not the greatest turkey hunting property but one of our neighbors is a working dairy farm so there is plenty of turkeys on his side. We sat on our border and by 8 we were working 4 different birds up from his field. Around 9 we had two jakes come right to us. We let them get to about 30 yards and counted down to 3 and took them both. I don’t usually shoot jakes but I didnt hunt at all last year. I will be more picky with my next bird. Called in using latex reed mouth calls. They were VERY vocal at a distance but ended up coming in silent which means there are bigger ones in the area.

We are both using Remington Model 870’s 12 Gauge with 3.5’ Ultra Mag #5 shot. Mine is in camo, my dads is all black.

Looking at half a dozen turkeys in the backyard right now…

:rofl

i gotta get a new gun and get out before the end of the season

Remington Model 870 great gun, i have that model in a 12 and 20 gauge. Havnt got out yet been working. i got tomorrow off of work so i plan on going out in the am.

my 870 super mag is a pile, always jams even after a good cleaning. i dont usually turkey hunt but a saw a few out back that couldve been shot.

Side by side FTW

Might not be many hunters on this forum but there sure are a number of predators most like predating children, sexually

haha wow