Any hyundai guys here ?

Well i hate to say it but i now own foreign car. Being a domestic guy its going to be an adjustment but anyway does anyone know a good website for upgrades / basic issues for hyundai’s mainly elantra’s ?
Just looking at getting a cold air intake and thats it.

also anything i should worry about like scheduled maintance vs warrenty ?

thanks

what kind of hyundai do you have!?!?!

sorry i didnt read the whole post

www.elantraclub.com is the best elantra forum out there its really good for diys and general maintenance
www.elantraxd.com is a forum on more of a personal level but also alot of very good information
www.hyundaiperformance.com good for general information on the 2.0 4cyl
www.seoulfulracing.com has alot of kdm part that you cant get in america has the XD badge and aluminium pedals and alot of neat interoir stuff
www.sharkracing.com highly over priced but very good quality parts

if you are looking for just an intake an intake from a 94 to 97 honda accord 4cyl is your best bet it fits like it was made for the car haha

If you have any questions just ask if i cant answer im sure YAMAHA will be able to help!!!

typical timing belt interval is 60k on those. other than that they hold up well. biggest thing i do on those cars is timing belt/ water pump in dact doing one this week. another problem they seem to eat wheel bearings after a while.

Its all good its a 2010 GLS looking at mudflaps,Cold air intake,and maybee a strut tower brace to make it handle just a little bit better. Overall im really impressed with the car.

Thanks Jeff, I have to see if the timing belt is covered under the warrenty but im sure they will say ohh its just after the cut off point.

Wait…So you went from a Caddy to a Hyundai Elantra? Are you brain damaged?

Its called no car payment in 6 months and a brand new car & I live in DC ! Plus i ride the bus everyday to and from work so i dont even drive much anymore.

Haha. No problem. Just wondering.

k member recall recently on some hyundai saw it the one day i was working at bowser… k members all over the place… and older ones use to rust out the lower control arms front and rear… so watch that but not as much salt where your at as here in pgh. and i still think that mike is already pussy whipped… ahhahahahahahahahahahaha hyundai hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha dumbass

no your right it does suck major ass but its whats best for US… ugh I really miss my parking sensors, air conditioned seats, heated steering wheel, bluetooth, navigation, v8, rwd, remote start… wait why did i do this again ??

the ease of parkability is that even a word… and the consistent 30+ mpg in the city

are you sure that it will fit a 10 ?

i have a 2000 hyundai elantra as a daily driver. it has 150k on it and runs like it is brand new, it has been super reliable for me. no issues at all with it.

Those K-members rusting was bc of the drain off the AC wasn’t it?

just did timing belt water pump on one today. not bad to work on. doing clutch in another on friday.

is it easy to clear a CEL ? Im reading different things about the Cold Air Intakes on my 07 + model. I have an old K&N cone lying around but if they stay in the computer then ill just leave the dam thing alone.

its a hyundai… leave it alone! Unless your going to join HURTIN FEELINGZ

bigMack, what times do you run in your srt8?

slow ones, its like 5000lbs then when im in it its like 6000lbs. Lol best is 13.15 @ 108mph.

did you take the front seat out and drive from the back seat lol? you must be 8’ 11" to weigh 1000lbs :slight_smile: