Hyundai will own us all

In the past month, I’ve known FOUR people who have bought Hyundais. I cannot believe the quality of car you get for the money, and the warranty is unbeatable. And I think I’m going to join the cult and get an Accent.

Anyone else notice these cars popping up everywhere? After rebates, my mom got a 2005 Elantra five-door, with four wheel discs and the GT suspension, and an auto tranny, for a little over $12k.

mm kurts sister bought a Tiburon, i think its already having transmission problems

is she granny shifting, not double clutching like she should?

:dunno:

There is no fucking way i would ever be seen in a hyundai.

its an auto

lol…i was kidding.

is she doing neutral drops? did she buy it new or used?

people said that about Japanese cars 20 years ago.

I didnt say that 20 years ago.

I’d put cash on the idea that Hyundai’s current line of cars is like Honda’s mid-80s cars… The ones that get people to start buying the brand before the really impressive cars come out. I’ll bet the Accent replacement and Tiburon replacement sell like fucking crazy.

i hear ya shaler, my friend whos always been into trucks and V8’s has gone out and gotten a tiburon. he just looks wierd in it anymore
how in the hell can you go from an S10 with a 400 6.6 to a tiburon :dunno:

their junk and their warnties suck they void everyting

lady at work is having tons of problems with her tibby with like 15k on it. This lady takes great care of her stuff too. When u buy a hyundai you buy the warrenty. If you have faith in your product whats the need for a ten year warrenty? I’ll tell you, to make people feel at ease buying your product when you have a reputation for making shit boxes.

imo, the new hyundais are nice. i have a good bit of them at work. they take a pretty good hit. Mechanical Build wise, i would put them equal to the japanese makers. Paint and fit/finish wise, i would put them above the other jap cars. Interior, looks like late 80’s early 90’s honda fit/finish.

the motors seem stout, auto trannys seem questionable. But that is the #1 part that goes bad in jap cars-- auto trannys. Rear suspension is like any other jap car–bolts freeze on bushings.

they really are not bad commuter cars. it is not no race car stock, but then again, neither is a vw cabriolet or majority of the imports that are tuned. there are people out there turboing these cars and getting sub 12 slips.

the 2.0 beta motor outta a 99-01 tib / elantra is the one you want… my buddy has one… it pulls like a honda motor… more tq down low.

Personally, I would buy one in a heartbeat. I like the style of the new Suzuki’s better though. Have you seen the Reno. Its a 5 door hatch for around 14,000 with heated leather, 8 speakers, and other luxury options that you would never find on a car that price. Right now…Its all about low-cost luxury

yeah, but suzuki has about 10x a worse reputation than hyundai. Consumer Reports tore the Reno apart.

the leather interior in the hyundai sonotas are pretty pimp… they are the hyundai that rips off the mercedes front end.

i own a 2003 tiburon, just passed 15000mi. gt, auto, only warrenty issue was a bad fuel pressure regulator. dealer replaced in 15 min. no problem.

my moms friend has an 04 xg350L and its pimp as hell. she traded in a TL for it. 10x better than the TL