Cant believe Im even considering this

But I might buy a Hyundai. Ive been looking at the new Elantras and itd be a great second car for me and my girlfriend. 17k brand new, 40mpg’s highway, 6 speed automatic, not half bad looking, lots of interior space for being a compact, and of course the warranty and roadside assistance.

Ballin out of control, unfortunatly it will put off my dreams of getting a 03/04 cobra for a while but a 96-98 cobra I could probably still afford so its not all bad.

Nothing wrong with Hyundais. They’re showing Honda and Toyota what’s up. The days where Hyundai made junk and soiled the brand name are long over.

I went and looked at one in person today and was pretty blown away by the build quality. I was expecting much cheaper looking interior materials. Even the Beige interior is suprisingly nice looking.

Do yourself a favor and get a stick shift if there still one available.
4 cylinder automatics suck.

I had an '05 Elantra and it was a good car and I only got rid of it because I wanted a truck.

I know the newer ones come pretty loaded up. A guy at work has an '09 and it comes stock with an mp3 jack on the deck, usb port and a bunch of other shit.

My '05 Elantra seemed to be a much better built/quality car than the '05 Focus my dad has now and yet the Elantra was a cheaper car when new. My dad’s car feels like a plastic POS and my Elantra didnt.

Dont get the light beige interior. I had that and it was hard to keep clean. It stains very easily.

Hyundai is making some noise. Enjoy the purchase if you decide to go with it.

Nothing wrong with choosing that car if it suits your needs and price range. IIRC the car is assembled in the United States, one of 5* things you can buy in America that is actually made in America…:rofl

*non scientific fact

Going with the automatic, acceleration isnt a big issue to me and since its a 6 speed auto it shouldnt have much of an issue staying in what little power it has. The beige is actually pretty dark as well, I think I know the shade of Beige/material youre talking about PJB and the new elantras beige seems to be significantly darker.

You really can’t beat them for the price

What has the world come to when car lovers like a beige auto 4 cyl.

I definately understand it tho… just stating the obvious.

Hate to admit they do look like a decent deal.

What could you get for 17k used… hmmm

My sister just picked up a Hyundai Tuscon awd limited.

fuckin thing is NICE!

True. TL, e90 3 series, newer IS250 awd, etc. Definitely more to consider than just brand new Civics/Camrys/Elantras.

None of them have the warranty, the gas mileage, or zero miles on the odometer. For a daily driver of sorts those things outweigh performance.

resale value is a big point too.

Not overly worried about that either since its a car we’d be keeping for a long time plus I have a good feeling the new hyundais wont depreciate quite as badly as older ones.

Yeah, since that car sucks, buy something for FAR less money that’s just as reliable…that still sucks. Look for an early 2000’s Corolla, and enjoy the leftover money.

This thread started out ok and went to shit very fast…

Hyundai is def stepping up their game hate to admit it but I’ve been not hating them nearly as much lately…

cousins girl just got one last summer def nice cars… they love it! it rides nice and is very comfy! def a great car for the money!

Get the hybrid. That will not depriciate in value

How does it suck? I know quite a few people that have bought new Hyundais and are very happy with them, have not had any issues what so ever. The only thing that blows is their resale value, but if you plan on keeping it then it doesn’t really matter.

I know a guy who bought one new, has over 150k on it, the only issue he’s ever had was the transmission blowing out after trying to teach both of his kids how to drive stick in the same day and they were failing hard :rofl

Over all the new Hyundais aren’t bad vehicles at all. Don’t know how you feel about chevrolet, but there are some very good financing options through GM on a new Cruze. Those should be right in your price range and offer pretty much the same fuel milage, but a little more fun to drive in my opinion. Just a thought.