Any Interest In a Dyno Tuning Session?

Nah, just there for the track rental. I’ve got some customers that are going to be there.

And, Phil’s 7 second LS Mustang is going to be there. Shawn, our engine builder is his engine builder and crew chief.

I can give the $100 deposit and take vacation days for work, but I’m not sure how I will be able to leave my car in Pittsburgh all weekend, as I live more than hour away. Thoughts?

I am confused here. is first try jeff going to be the “base” of all of this?

Unless your car is a “bolt on” car, I really prefer to have them at least 2 days, that way I can tune/verify the cold start. It’s much better, easier doing it this way, as I’m alot more than 1 hour away LOL. I would rather inconvenience you, than leave you with a tune with a cold start/driveability issue, that you would either have to get someone else to fix, or wait on me coming back up there.

It’s your call of course. I can do MOST of the tune without having it overnight. I can take a SWAG at the cold start stuff, and hope for the best.

Ed, as far as power mods Dan is Longtubes/Underdrive only, I don’t think the cold start would be a concern.

If that’s the case, no need to have it overnight.

I have no idea. I’m just the tuner LOL.

already talking with everyone trying to make it most conventient as possible for everyone.

Date works for me too. Calling Va Speed tomorrow.

Completely understood :slight_smile: I will see what I can do about leaving the car there for a night. I’ll try to give you a call some time tomorrow.

If your car is just headers and a pulley, no need to have it over night.

Sweet, sounds good. I just wanted to be sure. The only other minor engine modifications I’ve done are a Lingenfelter cold air intake, and some MSD wires and TR55 spark plugs. Suspension, wheels, and tires on the other hand, are a different story :slight_smile: I don’t go to the drag strip much, but I do a lot of SCCA Autocross events. I’m limited in what power mods I can do for the class I race in.

Dumb question, but I’m still trying to learn…I’m running slightly smaller than stock diameter tires in the back of the car and never bothered changing the diameter size in HPTuners. The speedometer is about 2mph higher than it should be. I’m assuming this won’t be an issue?

MSD plug wires are a deal breaker. Ya gotta leave it overnight now cause of the plug wires LOL J/K

Shouldn’t be a big deal. Remind me when I put it on the dyno. The can be a PITA when they’re only off that much, but I can get it right.

my speedometer is off, too, Dan. i think 5 or 6 mph.

hopefully enough guys will put down deposits to make this a “go”. to put down a deposit call Ed’s shop, VA Speed:
757-468-5101

There should be 3 Goats deposited already right? Gregg, Bill and Dan

Just made my deposit

Thanks guys.

For the Mopar guys, if they’re in, I need to know if they have predators already, or if I need to bring one or two.

Dave says we only have 2 deposits in so far.

should have:

-impulseblue06 - procharged GTO
-quadman - 416 stroker GTO
-psu goat - ud pulley Kook’s LTs GTO
-oneslowbowtie - 408 Chevelle

-Big Mack SRT8 - Chrysler 300C SRT8?
-rmonjeepsrt - Jeep SRT8?

Give me names, and I’ll check with Dave. So far, he’s telling me only 2 have called in.

impulse06 i= bill
quadman=gregg
psu goat=dan
oneslowbowtie=todd

rmonjeepsrt=rich