Any Interest In a Dyno Tuning Session?

Terribly sorry…didn’t get to call today. I was stuck in the lab all day with customers.

I will definitely call tomorrow.

Dan

Called Ed after work left him a message confirming my car for tuning.

Need to call and give CC deposit. Need to confirm with cashola!

i get blood test work tomorrow to try to find out what this freaking cold i have is so depending on how much it cost ill send the call the depoist in tomorrow. Im just hoping its not $400 for freaking blood work. Its been so long.

Sounds good. From your previous posts, it sounds like you have your own predator, right?

Ya, how exactly does cmr work? You Tune on the computer, save it as a .watever file and put it on my predator so its always on there in case i need to put it back to stock but later on can go back to the cmr tune?

im very mild mods, Hot air intake,catback exhaust (lost low end torque), and the predator.

You got it almost exactly. You do a custom calibration with CMR, which is a complete editor type program such as HPtuners or EFIlive. You then save it to the Pred, and upload to the car from it. You also use the Pred as a pass-through device for datalogging.

You’ll always have your stock tune, and the custom cal file.

Just called VA Speed and gave my $100 deposit. Thanks!

Cool deal.

I’ll check ticket prices tomorrow.

Greg, wanna update the OP with those that have paid? TIA

Looks like we have 5 with deposits. Gettin real close now.

impulse06 i= bill
quadman=gregg
psu goat=dan
oneslowbowtie=todd
rmonjeepsrt=rich

i am guessing these are the 5 who paid a deposit?
need confirmation and i will update the orig post

Deposite made today w Jordan at Va Speed. I have my own Predator. Mods are CAI (AFE), 180 Jet Tstat, Fan mods. Next week or two (hopefully) Magnaflo muffler and wideband A/F

if this goes well this time around would you consider comming back for another street/dyno tune summer of 2010?
i’ll have my blowthrough twinturbo buick 350 done by then

Yeah, if youse guys are happy wit me, and we wanna do it again, that would be cool.

I think I’m going to go ahead and get my ticket today. Still need one more though.

Who’s hasn’t paid a deposit?

Any other last minute ones?

Jeff???

OP updated. sorry, Ed, i am on the west coast and haven’t had internet for 3 days.
hopefully Puddy will get his headers on and be in for this.
looks like we already have more than enough interest for a spring 2010 tuning session, but we need at least 1 more car for this one!

Got my Magnaflow put on tonight at First Try. I’m ready for ED now.

We’re on for next week. I’m going to post on CF just in case we don’t get the 6th one, but I’m hoping we’ll have someone interested last minute.

Being as a couple are bolt on cars, they’ll be quick and easy, so I’ll have more time to squeeze in one or two more.

Edit: It’s a go. I’ve got tickets. Flyin in Wednesday night. Be there about 11:00. Need a recommendation for a motel, and distance from airport so I can set up transpo fro the airport to the motel.

Ed do you do tcm programing also. If so I was thinking of getting a backup from the dealership or online and getting it starscanned with my VIN. Also I found out that the closest AWD dyno is about 25 min from Jeff’s place. Is that going to work for my Jeep? Let me know.

Thanks

Rich

PN for a 2 bar MAP sensor—> 12615136 For the procharged Goat.

I’ll be up there late Tuesday night. Still lookin for at least one more tune. Could do as many as 3 more.

I need to do the simpler bolt on cars Thursday on the dyno. Can I get those car owners to chime in here?

On the mopar, yes there are some trans parameters that are tunable. Once I get up there, we’ll see what we can do about getting on the AWD dyno.

Jeff, PM me about pickin me up.

BTW, sorry guys for not posting for a few days. The storm had our i-net down for a while. It has been very intermittent up til yesterday/today.

Ed, I’m taking off work on Thursday and Friday, so I can definitely be there on Thursday. What time do you need us there, and where are we meeting?

As a reminder, I’m one of the bolt on cars:

• 2006 GTO, LS2, T-56
  • Kooks 1 3/4" longtube headers with high flow catted mids
  • ASP Under drive crank pulley
  • NGK TR55 spark plugs
  • Lingenfelter Cold Air Intake
  • Magnaflow x-pipe in place of the factory resonator
  • Magnaflow ‘Magnapack’ mufflers (4" round casing, 2.5" straight through)

Unfortunately, I’m pretty much maxed out for power modifications for the class I race in for SCCA Auto-x. I have a bunch of other stuff done to the car, but it’s not relevant for tuning.

I have HPTuners, but the only things I’ve done so far are remove the 1-4 skip shift, one guy bumped the timing up about 2.5 degrees, and SK360 on here made sure all my o2 sensor stuff was ok after we installed the headers.

Do you need me to bring along my cable and laptop or will you be using your own? One last question, does the T-56 have torque management stuff on the GTO, and if so, will you modify that as well?

Thanks,
Dan